Part Twenty-Four

47: To Shelter From Rain

"Will you be training with the young lord from the Kamisato clan today, Miss Soleil?" Javert asked. Soleil was tying her hair up with a blue ribbon where glass camellias hung.

"Yes. It's also a good chance to wrap a few things up," Soleil smiled, "My contract with Lord Scaramouche is almost ending, and Lord Pierro's plans for Inazuma is already finished. We just need to wait for the Tri-Commission's power balance to trip in their own hands."

"Of course," Javert smiled. Soleil adjusted her training outfit and took the wooden katana from Javert's hands. She smiled and waved, "I'll come back before sundown."

"Be safe, Miss Soleil," Javert nodded. "I will," Soleil giggled lightly, "Bye-bye."

Javert saw her out of the house they occupied for cover in Konda Village. Soleil has grown close to the Kamisato clan for a reason. However, motives can be tweaked to someone else's favor.

Soleil hummed as she walked towards the Kamisato estate. Sure enough, there was a political strife among the clans. However, Pierro didn't make any specific instructions that the Kamisato clan can't get out alive and safely.

A smirk appeared fleetingly on her joyous face while she ducked under branches and letting her feet brush against the glowing flowers in Chinju Forest.

However, she was oblivious to the figures hiding in the shadows, eyes glowing red while their hands rested on the hilts of their swords begrudgingly.

"Miss Soleil's involvement in 'The Wedding' is exposed, my lord. The Kanjou Commission was able to trace evidence that Soleil did not have any documents upon entry into Ritou," Javert reported to Scaramouche.

"Is that right?" Scaramouche said displeasingly. Soleil made a careless mistake.

"Have they figured anything out?" he asked the Fatuus. "No, my lord. It seems that the Kujou and Kamisato clans have been secretly cutting off the investigation of the Kanjou Commission," Javert said.

Scaramouche was amused. Of course. The Tenryou was under Beelzebul's influence and Miko had some influence over the Yashiro Commission. Similarly, Soleil has made herself allies with the adopted tengu in the Kujou Clan and ensnared the lord of the Kamisato Clan.

"We shouldn't let them connect Soleil with the Fatui. I don't want to deal with trivial matters now that we're preparing to go back to Zapolyarny Palace," Scaramouche stated.

"Yes, sir," Javert bowed. "Where is she, anyway?" Scaramouche asked boredly.

"She is currently training with the young lord Kamisato. She bids she will return before sundown," Javert responded.

Scaramouche raised an eyebrow. "She's training how to fight?" he was surprised, "Huh. You learn something new everyday."

It seems she wants to learn how to get physically violent, too. And she's learning to use Inazuman sword arts, of all things. He'd rather let her train shadow boxing in Natlan but hey, it's her life.

Still, how can those frail arms of hers toss around a sword that can cut her toes? Scaramouche chuckled at the thought.

"I'll see how she is faring. She must be embarrassing herself at this very moment. I wouldn't dare miss it," Scaramouche said in sadistic delight.

However, he paused when he noticed a few agents appear from their portals. They knelt before him reverently.

"What is it? Don't waste my time," Scaramouche said impatiently while placing a hand on his hip. "Lord Scaramouche, we came to report that a few hostile rogues have been trailing Miss Soleil southeast of Mt. Yougou," an agent said.