50: Here's When Things Get Worse

When Soleil wasn't handling mixtures and flasks in her lab, she was mixing drinks and wiping glasses clean by the counter at the Angel's Share.

She poured in two fruity liquors into the shaker before closing it and mixing it up. She would occasionally toss it in the air and grab a glass. She would then pour out the cocktail with grace.

The scents were different, but it was all the same to her. She didn't think on it very much and just let her hands move on her own. Figuratively, of course.

But it was her nonchalant but skilled handling of the drinks that caused the patrons to cease talking and watch her work in awe.

By the time Soleil noticed, they were all back to talking, trying not to get caught staring. Charles stopped by with a hearty chuckle.

"The tavern's been more livelier and crowded since you became a bartender. Now that I thought of it, we only get more customers when it was your shift! There are lots of young men looking at you, too," he stated.

"I know what you're trying to say, Charles. But I can't help it if I look more accomodating," Soleil laughed, "I don't mind them watching as long as it doesn't get out of line."

"Yes, of course. If anything, Master Diluc instructed me to handle the matters. He said something about things being more unfortunate if you're the one who took care of things," Charles said while frowning in thought.

"He's right, you know?" Soleil smirked mischievously.

"I know. Still, word spreads about a pretty bartender at the tavern and the mora comes flooding in," Charles chuckled, "Master Diluc will, no doubt, give you a raise."

"That's good. I'm running out of supplies back at our–err, Kaeya's...house..." Soleil said. She cleared her throat when Charles gave her a smug grin.

"So the two of you are living under the same roof, eh? Though I can't say you're both a little young for adult business," the older bartender chuckled.

"And you're too nosy for an old geezer. Now go. You shift is still fifteen minutes later. Let me have my fun," Soleil ushered Charles out of the counter, slightly blushing at his comment.

Adult business? What adult business?! All she's been doing is managing the house while Kaeya is nowhere to be seen. What's the adult business there?

And since Kaeya wasn't around, she spends her time helping Lisa in the library or assisting Sucrose with her new hybrid plants and species.

Sometimes, she would help Mona on a few commissions because everyone knows she needed the mora. She got her payments in the form of favors, which she would save for later.

She would also join Bennett in his missions while bringing loads of medicine with her and join Eula for lunch. She had kept herself busy, but there were a few people who she hasn't spent much time with.

One of them being Razor. Soleil visited Wolvendom multiple times to see him but he was always moody and didn't feel like talking to anyone.

He was worried for Andrius. Soleil went to his domain, but everything was so inactive and she hasn't spoken or sparred with Andrius for quite some time.

Razor's worries were understandable but Soleil could do nothing about it. She can only hope things were not that bad. The Abyss Order made an appearance again and everyone knew that it was never a good sign.

Soleil was occupied with her thoughts while preparing some drinks for the customers. Her work was interrupted when Aether walked into the tavern with Paimon floating behind.