26: Perks Of A Versatile Tongue

When Eula said they were behind schedule, it meant that they were almost late from stalking a rich guy across Mondstadt.

It wasn't Diluc since he would have known immediately. Eula and Soleil entered With Wind Comes Glory, pretending to buy something when they were just spying from inside.

"You two look busy," Marjorie, the owner of the store, commented. "It's important. Just let us stay here for a while," Eula said.

"Alright. You will still buy something, right?" Marjorie asked, smiling. "Ah... Erm," Eula looked away, clearing her throat.

Soleil smiled amusingly before intervening. "I'll need something to put on my desk," Soleil spoke, "Do you have any trinkets to offer?"

"Of course! Wait here, I'll get the best ones we have," Marjorie nodded and left. She disappeared into a corner, making Eula and Soleil sigh in relief.

"Would she have kicked us out if we didn't buy anything?" Soleil asked. "No. But since I'm here, the customers fled the store," Eula sighed, "We should hurry."

"Not until that guy leaves," Soleil glanced at the young man across the street, being followed by servants while talking with Wagner.

But judging from the man's chin held high, hands on his hips, and the blacksmith making an irritated expression, it would seem that it was the young man was talking down to Wagner.

"Who is this guy anyway? I couldn't ask earlier since it looked urgent that we should be watching him," Soleil whispered.

"Sharp and quick-witted," Eula praised with a nod, "The person talking to Wagner is Casper Edelweiss, young master and heir of the Edelweiss clan."

"So he's the lead," Soleil concluded. "Correct. Some knights have been watching the clan servants and members and reported that the Edelweiss clan had set up some suspicious camps far to the south of Mondstadt," Eula explained.

"What for?" Soleil asked. "They couldn't tell. Monsters lurked around the areas of the camps and it would be dangerous for them to look deeper," Eula answered, "It's definitely suspicious that the camps were never attacked. It would look like the monsters are there to prevent anyone from getting nearer."

"It sure is," Soleil agreed. "Anyway, with the lack of information, we couldn't act and investigate the camps. Otherwise, they would be alerted," Eula said.

Soleil giggled. "You followed my suggestion," she said. Eula blinked and looked away, "O-Of course I would. A knight must learn to adapt to the situation and take the appropriate course of action."

"It still makes me glad that you trust my words," Soleil smiled. "Hmph," Eula looked out. Then she patted Soleil's arm, "He's moving."

Soleil looked out. They both waited for the nobleman until he was some distance away before leaving the store. Eula had to go on first since Soleil still had to buy a trinket for stalling Marjorie.

She tucked away a statuette of a windwheel aster into her pouch and approached Eula, who was hiding behind a wall.

She patted Eula, who turned and nodded. Soleil stood beside her and poked her head out. Casper was still walking around, sneering at a woman who bumped into him.

"Hey, watch it! These lowly plebeians will stain my clothes with their filth," he said, dusting his clothes with a frown. "Looks like your typical young master from the books," Soleil mused.

"We need him to give us information on the clan's activities. Following him around will eventually get tiring and will have our cover blown," Eula said and turned to Soleil, "Should we take him in and make him talk?"