10: You Deserve An Ugly Nickname!

Soleil sat on her chair and did her best not to make much movement. However, she was becoming impatient.

She let out a puff of air before swinging her legs back and forth. She was immediately met with several clicks of the tongue.

"Now, now, hold still. I cannot afford to make a single error during your medical check-up," the man behind her spoke as he pressed a hand against Soleil's back.

"But it's taking so long!" Soleil whined. "Hehe. Just bear with me for a moment and we'll finish in a jiffy!" the man grinned as he pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

"Hmph. You better make sure there's progress this time. How many times have I come here and you're still short with answers," Soleil puffed her cheeks in annoyance.

"Well, that's because a case as special as yours require many check-ups and trials. We certainly do not want to make any miscalculation when it comes to your health now, do we, dear Soleil?" the man chuckled as he went in front of Soleil and widened her eyes with his fingers.

"I truly find your eyes to be most unique. Say, do you have any sort of special heritage?" the man's serpentine eyes were filled with curiosity as he examined Soleil's facial features.

"Knowing that isn't part of your job, doctor. You're supposed to examine my health, not my eyes in particular," Soleil looked at him sternly, "I don't want to think that I'm wasting my time here, given your outstanding reputation in and outside of Liyue."

Of course. Dr. Baizhu of Bubu Pharmacy was the best in the medical field, knowing each herb and medicine like the back of his hand. All patients that were under his care are known to recover quite healthily, regardless if it was a malady or a simple cold.

Soleil has been coming to Bubu Pharmacy since she could leave Sumeru to have Baizhu examine her. She had to bear with the man's quirks and disgusting medicine every time she stops by, though.

Soleil cringed to see the tint of Baizhu's long, green hair. Just seeing the color made her remember the taste of that abominable medicine...

"But of course! Don't worry, I'll take good care of you," the man's eyes glinted, "So long as you can afford the fees, hahaha!"

"You can never get tired of extorting customers of their mora, do you?" the white snake around the man's neck spoke, "How many times have you been warned by the Millelith to keep medical fees at a tolerable price, hm? The last thing I want is to eat scraps in a prison cell!"

"Not to worry, Changsheng. I have already come to terms with the Millelith about that. Heh, even the connections Mr. Childe has proposed to us has become useful," Baizhu made a blithe eye smile.

"Hmph, so Childe's decided to also spread his networks to the pharmacy. That's not surprising. Though, this connection seems a little risky to me," Soleil grimaced.

"Oh, don't worry about me, darling. We know not to trust the Fatui now that they've received the Qixing's disapproval due to their mischief," Baizhu laughed lightly, "I could say they had a taste of their own medicine, hahaha."

"I'm more concerned about Childe. You are sure to drain every single bit of mora you can from your future transactions. Don't lie," Soleil squinted her eyes accusingly.

"Why, business is business! Surely, you don't believe that medicine of superior quality will only cost a few hundred mora? That is an insult to my profession," Baizhu crossed his arms, "Not only that. I thought you dislike Childe and the Fatui? Why side with them instead of me?"

"Because if their accounts run dry, who will pay for my expenses?" Soleil asked amusingly, "You're not the only one seeking to benefit from the Fatui's coffers."