32: Our Own Quests To Follow

"Feast of the Bounteous Land?"

"That's right. We've decided to focus on Liyue's cuisine for this year's theme," Keqing said as Soleil read through the paper.

They were both situated inside Keqing's office, feeling the morning sun peering through the windows. Keqing was on her desk while Soleil stood before the desk. Her shoulders were slightly drenched and small droplets dripped from her wavy fringes. It was clear she had a shower.

"M-hm. Good for you, then. I see there's no reason for me to provide comments on since everything is finalized," Soleil said as she returned the papers to Keqing.

"Ningguang has already agreed to hold a cooking competition as the main event. She invited Yanfei to be the host for it since Yanfei was all too willing. She will be able to ensure that the event goes without a hitch," Keqing said.

"You really don't have to report all of this to me. But Yanfei, huh?" Soleil smiled amusingly. "The two of you still can't get along?" Keqing asked.

"Different beliefs for different breeds. We work differently so we think differently," Soleil shrugged.

"That is true, I guess," Keqing said and sighed, "Looks like I have to convince Ningguang not to put you in as judge for the event then."

"Me? Why?" Soleil asked. "You're objective. And I have a feeling that you would judge the food not according to taste alone," Keqing said.

"But of course. Otherwise, everyone who can cook edibly would be a winner. We have to raise the bar a bit higher, too," Soleil said, "But still, I wouldn't want to be judge either way."

"Hm? Why not?" Keqing asked curiously. "I'm not picky with my food so I can't judge the same way a pro would. Besides, I have personal matters to attend to," Soleil smiled apologetically, "I hope you understand."

"I see. I will withdraw the vote then," Keqing said. "There was a voting that happened?" Soleil asked, surprised.

"Four out of seven members in the Qixing wanted you to oversee the events. But since I'm withdrawing, that should become an object of debate," Keqing smiled amusingly.

"I want to withdraw myself, thank you very much," Soleil deadpanned, "Why would you dump more work on me?"

"But you get to taste food from Liyue's best chefs."

"It's still work!"

"We'll pay you," Keqing tried again. "By mora or favor?" Soleil asked.

"Another favor? You have a few favors already and you haven't used any of them yet," Keqing said.

"I'm saving them for the future. Who knows when I need a back-up plan?" Soleil shrugged. Keqing gave her a look of bewilderment.

"What on Teyvat are you planning to do?" she asked nervously. Soleil smiled, "Secret."

"Of course," Keqing rolled her eyes, not surprised with Soleil deflecting the questions.

"Do you need me for anything else? You couldn't have just called me here while I was in the middle of a shower for nothing," Soleil said.

"Sorry. I didn't know you were having a shower," Keqing said with a wry smile. Soleil huffed, "That messenger bird decided to dump its blessings in my tub."

Then, Soleil smirked. "So you could say I was in a fowl mood," she said. Keqing deadpanned.

"Well, obviously you're not anymore if you're making puns," she said and arranged the papers.

"Hehehe. Isn't is pun-ny?" Soleil grinned. She cackled to herself while Keqing held her forehead.

"This is why you don't leave without drying your hair," she mumbled while Soleil giggled to her own puns.