51: A Deal With Which Devil?

Luke almost spat out blood when Soleil appeared in front of him out of the blue.

"Hey, there," she grinned innocently. Luke glared at her behind his mask.

Hey, there, my foot! I nearly lost my job because of you! Luke gritted his teeth as he forced himself to stay quiet.

He had new orders not to entertain any of Soleil's words if she ever appeared again. It was quite unfortunate that she did.

"Mind opening the doors for me?" Soleil's pretty eye smile only pissed the Fatui man more.

Is this girl for real?!

Still, he reluctantly forced himself to open the doors of the hotel. Soleil waved at him with a giggle and Luke felt like he was ready to die.

To think that Soleil was going to come back as a guest after all the ruckus she made weeks ago... An honored guest at that.

What kind of a joke is this?

Luke struggled not to scream as he angrily shut the doors close as soon as Soleil stepped in. Still, the loud slams did not disturb the girl's smile. If anything, it only grew wider.

Luke wasn't the only one feeling like a joke that time. All the Fatui guests ceased their chats and activities once they heard Soleil's infamous heels clicking against the ground.

It was the same sound they heard when she barged in and began to assail every one of them. Not a single one dared to make a move, but that didn't stop them from glaring at Soleil as she sauntered across the lobby.

She even looked around and grinned wider. "See? Everything is good as new. You people have something to show off in the least," Soleil smirked.

She looked at the two masked servants that stopped before her. "Greetings, honored guest. The meeting shall begin shortly. Please follow us," one of them said politely.

"Lead the way," Soleil waved a hand dismissively. The servants bowed and walked ahead with her in tow.

The members of the Fatui shared looks of doubt and disbelief. That psycho just walked back in like she didn't trash the hotel before. She almost burned it down, in fact!

They weren't even allowed to retaliate and was strictly ordered not to get hostile when she arrived. She even has some servants waiting on her. If that wasn't strange, then they don't know what is.

Just what in the Tsaritsa's name was she doing here?

"This place seems to be more...shinier than before," Soleil commented as she looked around, "It was as if the damages of the hotel became an excuse to get an upgrade."

More grand furnitures, more mahogany and gold, more paintings, and more expensive porcelain. Everything inside the hotel could almost rival the luxuries of Diluc's manor. Almost.

Soleil scoffed before crossing her arms and sashaying across the corridor, only a few distance behind the servants.

"How prodigal. For a Harbinger dealing with shady methods, Pantalone sure loves to put his wealth on the spotlight. What a show-off," she mused, causing the two servants to flinch.

But they said nothing, they shared grim looks before continuing forward. Who did this bitch think she was to slander a Harbinger directly?

Soleil did not care about whatever thoughts ran in the insignificant servants' heads. She just took her time criticizing each expensive article she laid her golden eyes on.

The servants stopped between a pair of double doors, each of them opening one door in unison. It revealed a round table under one extravagant chandelier made from blue and white glass.