71(Ludi Harpastum): Intoxicated

After a long while of stumbling on the roads, stepping on cat tails, trying not to collapse, and ignoring Kaeya's drunk murmurs, Soleil finally reached their destination.

She dragged Kaeya by the arm as they ascended the stairs of the porch. Soleil winced at how heavy the man was...though she liked how firm his muscles were.

But anyway, she made Kaeya lean against the wall as she fumbled with the doorknob. She didn't notice the glimmer in Kaeya's stare and pushed the door open.

"Finally. Come on, you bozo. We need you to–Hey!" Soleil yelped when Kaeya tugged at her bartender apron and undid it.

Soleil suddenly shivered at the slightest touch of his fingertips on her waist. Not good! She thought in a panic.

"You're not going back to the tavern anymore so take this off," Kaeya frowned. "I can do it myself!" Soleil reddened.

Out of haste, she slapped his hands away and dragged Kaeya into the house while he chuckled.

"Flustered, aren't we?" Kaeya said. "Just shut it," Soleil glared. The door slammed shut since she used her foot to kick it close.

The once quiet house echoed with Soleil's complaints and Kaeya's sleepy mumbles. Soleil couldn't even light up the lamps and lanterns anymore and just dragged Kaeya straight to the couch.

Soleil heaved a sigh as she let him lean on the couch while she stepped back. She got a little tired from the trip.

"Okay. I need you to sober up. I'm not letting you sleep like that or else you'll get a hangover," Soleil told the groaning man.

"I doubt I can stay awake for that long," Kaeya replied sleepily as he adjusted himself on the couch.

"Wait here," Soleil said and went to grab a glass of water from the counter. As she did, she made sure to light at least one lantern.

Kaeya's vision was hazy and spinning and his head felt light. He felt the couch shift as Soleil sat beside him.

"Drink," Soleil said and tipped the glass carefully against Kaeya's lips. Kaeya complied and began to drink.

He ended up needing the cool water in his mouth. He held unto Soleil's hand and gulped down the water. Soleil watched as his Adam's apple bob with each gulp.

Soleil frowned when she felt the unusual heat from Kaeya's hand. She got closer and touched his forehead.

"You're hot," she said. "Why, thank you," Kaeya smiled playfully.

"No! I meant... I meant your body is hot," Soleil stammered. Kaeya raised an eyebrow as his smile stretched wider.

"Wait, that's not what I meant! Ugh, what am I saying?" Soleil shook her head with an embarrassed look, "Your body temperature is what is hot. It's spiking."

"Nobody will blame you for speaking the truth. I always knew you had some sort of infatuation for me," Kaeya trailed a finger across Soleil's cheek amusingly.

"Stop that," Soleil said, her blush still evident. "It's not like you to get so embarrassed and flustered," Kaeya mused, "What happened?"

I don't know what's going on either but what I do know is that you're putting me on edge, Soleil thought annoyingly.

His half-lidded gaze and deep voice had only startled Soleil more. It seems the wine was bringing out more of Kaeya's masculinity and charisma.

"We need to get you out of your clothes," Soleil said and worked on the lace of Kaeya's vest.