46: Bennett's Luck is Rubbing Off

Photo is not mine and credit goes to the real creator. This picture is just a referrence.

"It seems that squeezing Diluc for mora literally paid off."

Soleil was more than pleased to step into her new workshop. Her eyes shared the same light of the new glass equipments and newly-purchased apparatus, sparkles of excitement shining brightly.

A golden seelie came out of the corner of the long table, making tiny squeals as it floated towards Soleil. Soleil poked the seelie, causing it to twirl in the air.

"What the... He really got one," Soleil said in surprise, "That guy really doesn't know what a joke is."

Still, she wasn't complaining. Soleil giggled as the seelie twirled around her and followed as she surveyed the workshop.

Half of the first floor was entirely dedicated to being an indoor greenhouse, with various rare herbs and plants growing healthily.

The other half was the library slash sunroom. Since the entire place was exposed, she could also see the view of the wide land from within.

There was even a large map covering the entire wall, displaying all of Tevyat and its seven nations. Soleil nodded in satisfaction.

The second floor, as per Soleil's request, was dedicated fully to a laboratory. First-edition tools were neatly arranged and a clear cabinet full of rare materials was displayed.

"A job well done, Diluc," Soleil said, fully impressed. Heh, I'll make sure the next batch of drinks will be enough to make the customers willing to go poor for.

A box was laid out on the long table. Soleil noticed this and approached it, picking up the note on top of it.

The artefacts are inside the box. Do what you must do.

Soleil sighed. Diluc really isn't much for words, is he?

Nonetheless, she opened the box and saw the glowing feather from Barbatos' wings and the gem-encrusted chalice. Soleil grinned

"Perfect," she said. She took the artefacts and prepared the equipment she would need for experimentations.

The seelie floated about freely but was careful not to hit anything. Soleil smirked. She will be on a whole other level of impressed if Diluc had this seelie trained or something.

She spent a few days returning back and forth from Kaeya's house and to the workshop, working on experiments.

Since the workshop had a stable on the front, she brought Regulus with her. It made it a whole lot easier to traverse from location to location, too.

Soleil stopped by Kaeya's house and found it to be empty yet again. She frowned slightly before getting a few notebooks from her room.

"Where is that guy?" she muttered as she looked around. The house was empty everytime she visited so she suspected Kaeya left. But if he left for a few days, where on Teyvat did he go?

Still, she prepared a few dishes that will last a few days and placed it in the cupboard. Just in case Kaeya stopped by, there'd be something he would consume other than wine and fruity skewers.

After that, Soleil went to the headquarters and saw Kaeya's office was untouched. She asked a few people around so she can at least figure out where the mysterious eyepatch boy went.

"Oh, Kaeya? He filed a leave and left some knights to manage his work," Jean said when the scholar approached her.

"Did he say why?" Soleil asked. "That's the thing. He didn't. Normally, I wouldn't allow a knight to file a leave without reason, but, well, you know Kaeya. He never gives reasons when he doesn't want to," Jean said, "Though I'm certain that he didn't do it just to slack off."