70(Ludi Harpastum): A Thorny Suspicion

Soleil worked distractedly as she prepared a mix in her shaker. With how lost in thought she was, it was a surprise she could still make the drinks.

A grimace fell on her face as she flicked her ponytail. What was Childe thinking, making an open appearance like that with her around?

While she didn't feel much about the idea of others linking her to the Fatui, how she will go about in her future dealings with the Fatui's enemies and rivals could be implicated. What Childe did was risky.

But of course. Childe was the type to go all out and meet his opponents head on. But the problem that this warfreak doesn't get is that not all enemies can be taken down in battle.

Blood, battle, and enemies. Soleil scoffed. It's a surprise the Tsaritsa didn't just give him an assignment in Natlan.

"A table ordered three berry and mint bursts," Diluc said as he passed by the counter. "Coming up," Soleil mumbled.

She took three glasses from the cupboard and swiftly prepared the drinks, pouring it all into the glasses with equal measurements.

She placed them all on the tray and delivered it to the customers. On her way back, she grabbed the empty mugs and glasses she passed by.

She finished grabbing two glasses with a hand and turned around, nearly bumping into Diluc.

"Woah!" Soleil yelped and moved back in time. Diluc humphed, "Distracted again, aren't you?"

"Sorry," Soleil sighed and returned to the counter. Diluc grabbed the remaining mugs and followed her.

"You know, if you're really not up to the task, you're better working at either the winery or the office. The tavern only gets busier," Diluc said.

"No. I'm doing fine, see? It's just this idiot I saw some time ago. He really knows how to ruin the mood," Soleil mumbled.

She slumped against the counter and rested her head against an extended arm.

"I heard a Fatui Harbinger stopped by the gates. I assume it has something to do with you again?" Diluc asked with a slightly accusing tone.

"I told you. I'm bound to attract unwanted attention. Anywho, it's all good. He left already," Soleil waved dismissively.

"That's good. Having more Fatui inside the city is the last thing I want right now," Diluc said. "Me, too," Soleil mumbled.

Then she looked up when Diluc entered the counter and got to work beside her. "You're joining my shift?" Soleil asked.

"Naturally. I can't trust that you will work properly with so many problematic thoughts in your head so I will reduce your workload," Diluc replied.

"And that also includes my pay?" Soleil asked. "Naturally," Diluc said amusingly.

"Boo," Soleil pouted. "Get to work already," Diluc sighed.

"Hmph!" Soleil sulkily handed the tray of used glasses to the dishwasher that came by and cleaned her shaker.

"But speaking of Snezhnayan leeches, some winemakers from Snezhnaya who claim to be connoisseurs offered a contract. They wish to get a crate of Valberry Cocktails," Diluc told Soleil.

"Oh? What did you say?" Soleil asked curiously. "I was willing to let them take it but they claimed to only give the payments after drinking it. They even said it was to be delivered to their royalties as a gift and we can be paid by them directly. But still, no matter how I see it, they want to get the drinks without paying," Diluc snorted.

"To be delivered to the Zapolyarny Palace, huh? You should have agreed," Soleil said. "Why?" Diluc asked.

"So you could milk the royalties of their mora. Think about it. Valberries wouldn't stand the climate in Snezhnaya and to consume a drink made from it would be proven to be rare. Even if you didn't get the pay at the first delivery, to create drinks for the Palace directly would benefit you," Soleil mused.