6: The Cavalry Captain With No Cavalry And The Graduate With No Diploma

Come on, she just arrived. She didn't come all this way just to be arrested! She has something to do!

"You heard her. A direct confession counts as evidence, no?" Kaeya said as he smirked at Soleil.

"We need to check the ruins. Surely, the citizens will ask about the incident. We have to prepare some reports as well," Jean said.

"I'll scout the area," Amber slightly raised a hand to volunteer. "See?" Kaeya decided to taunt Soleil further, "You've made quite the mess. Naughty, naughty. What do we do with naughty criminals other than punish them?"

Soleil scoffed. "If I were to be punished, I doubt I'll be getting it from you. You're just a knight. Master Jean, please have mercy!" she cried, making Jean smile wryly.

"'Just a knight'?" Kaeya raised an eyebrow before laughing, "Hahaha! Where are my manners? I forgot to introduce myself formally to you. Kaeya Alberich, Cavalry Captain of the Knights of Favonius. Not just a knight."

Soleil stared for a bit, "Cavalry Captain...?"

Kaeya smirked at her reaction, "That's right. Now that you know, you might want to-"

"Hahahaha!"

Kaeya's eyebrows quirked and the two girls flinched in surprise at Soleil's burst of laughter.

"What's so funny?" Kaeya asked, a slight frown on his face. "A cavalry captain that has no cavalry with him," Soleil laughed lightly, "Is that why you always do things solo?"

"He does have a team, actually. It's just that Grand Master Varka brought the team with him and left Kaeya to–"

"HAHAHAHA! That's even worse!" Soleil laughed a little louder, holding her stomach, "He decided to bring the cavalry but left the captain behind! Now I truly want to meet the Grand Master. Hahaha! This is so amusing."

"And then there is Regulus," Soleil froze, looking at Kaeya with another wide smile, "The cavalry captain who can't get along with a horse! HAHAHAHA! This is too hilarious!"

"Pffft-!" Amber was facing a corner in the room, shoulders shaking. Even Jean has to shield her mouth with the back of her hand.

Kaeya's eye twitched as he stared at Soleil. "To insult and defame a knight directly... Another addition to your list. You've certainly become bold today, haven't you?" he asked.

Soleil froze when she remembered her situation, "Shoot."

This crazy guy... First, he tried to kill her, now he wants her arrested. So much for a reunion. Just why???

She looked at Jean with a smile, "Master Jean..." "I'm sorry, but I must uphold the law," Jean said, "Soleil Rheingold, you are under arrest fo-"

"What's with all the fuss? It's so noisy, I couldn't have my beauty sleep..."

They all turned when Lisa walked in, rubbing at her eyes. Her emerald eyes, once dull with sleep, suddenly widened in surprise.

"Sorry, Lisa. We were just talking about a few things," Amber apologized.

"Why didn't you call for me? I missed out on all the fun," Lisa said, smiling when she turned to Soleil, "Soleil, is that you? It's so wonderful to see you in such a long time!"

"Lisa!" Soleil's distraught face brightened as she and Lisa clasped hands in a very sisterly greeting, "You still look as radiant as ever. Have you been well?"

"Oh, don't worry about me. I'm having a lovely time here in Mondstadt. But you," Lisa's eyes squinted in an amused manner, "You don't look too good."