78(Ludi Harpastum): The Truth Untold

Soleil liked fireworks. It was colorful. It was loud and bright. Perfect for covering up one of her bomb detonations...

But 'jokes' aside, Soleil did admire fireworks. She has seen them in other nations during the festivities when she wasn't busy with work. She felt a sense of achievement now that she was also going to experience some fireworks display in Mondstadt, too.

It was the ephemeral beauty and momentary burst of light and color that provoked something in her. Like fireworks, bits of memories would rush whenever the lights sparked in her eyes.

"Here. We saved some for you," Amber offered some fried radish balls with a grin. "Oh. Thanks," Soleil took the treats and took a bite.

"You're welcome," Amber said and sat down beside Soleil on top of the cobblestone walls framing the borders of Mondstadt.

Klee was playing with Barbara and Mona behind them and ran back and forth. Lisa was still sleeping in and left Jean and Eula to watch over the rest.

In truth, none of them should even be on the castle walls if it weren't for Jean. They were supposed to be for border patrols, after all. But Amber and Soleil made a point of noting how the fireworks would look better from where they were.

"When will the fireworks display be?" Soleil asked curiously. "In a while. The fireworks wouldn't be seen until it was completely dark," Amber replied.

"That makes sense," Soleil said. "Sooo while we wait," Amber grinned again as she revealed a bunch of sparklers in her hands, "Let's keep ourselves busy with our own little fireworks!"

Klee saw the sparklers and her eyes shimmered in delight, "Wow! Can I have some, too, please?"

"Of course," Amber said and gave the little girl two sparklers. This made the other girls turn to their direction.

"Oh. Good. I thought we're playing another set of card games," Eula said as she walked over.

"Yeah...we've had lots of that last night," Soleil said. "I've had enough of card games. I always end up loosing to you both, anyway," Amber puffed her cheeks sulkily.

"Ahaha. You'll need wits and tricks to win a card game," Soleil giggled. "You have much to learn," Eula added with a smug smile.

"Let me help you, Klee," Jean said and lit up Klee's sparkler. The sudden burst made Klee squeal in delight.

"So pretty! I gotta show this to Diona! She needs to see this!" Klee said and tugged Jean's blouse, "Master Jean, can I go back down? I promise I'll be back."

"Of course. I'll have Noelle and Sucrose escort you down one of the towers," Jean said and guided Klee by the hand.

"Noelle?" Soleil tilted her head. "Ah. Yes. She's an aspiring maid wanting to join the Knights of Favonius. You've never met before?" Amber asked.

"No," Soleil shook her head. "Shame. But that is to be expected. That girl always works every single hour of the day. Perhaps even night," Barbara sighed, "It's rare to catch her idle."

"It's okay. I wouldn't want to trouble such a diligent girl," Soleil waved a hand dismissively. "If you say so," Amber said.

"H-How do you people enjoy holding this piece of burning stick?" Mona asked in disbelief while staring at the sparkler in hand, "What if it suddenly burns and explode in your face?"

"Sparklers aren't made to explode, Mona. Just wave it around. Watch," Soleil said and made twirling motions with her sparkler.

The blazing trails of the afterimages made a faint outline of a flower. The light was hypnotizing, but it fades just as it comes.