1: You'll Meet Someone Your Match And You'll Regret It!

You can run
You can hide
But don't think that you'll be able to survive
The wrath of the Laws that you failed to abide

Night and day had long been indistinguishable since the moon and the sun abandoned this world, only leaving the splotches of guilty blood to paint the sky red and the glory of the past cast to oblivion.

Perhaps this is why sleep had also been forgotten by those who still persist and also because the nightmares in sleep and reality have finally merged into one.

Pitiful, but enviable... That's what he felt when his eyes wandered upon the unconscious girl laid to sleep against a horizonal slab of stone. There was not much convenience and comfort in their situation. The only way to accomodate this poor child was to let her sleep in the proper position while hiding her from the nightmare incarnates wandering about.

"Strange..." the word left his mouth as he leaned his face on the arm prompted against the stone, observing the girl with a curious yet wary look.

He swore he saw her fall out of that mysterious portal that popped out of nowhere. Looking at her, she only had a few scratches. Not really what you would expect from a fall from high altitude.

But his criticizing trance broke as soon as a pair of eyes shot open, widening in horror at the sight of him. "No!" she yelled, sitting up.

"Whoa!" he said as he stumbled back when the girl abruptly stood, immediately regretting as she felt pain stab her in the head with a heated blade fresh from the furnace.

"Take it easy. You're still hurt," he said with slight concern, as he knew his father would nag him if he let a girl be hurt under his watch. He hesitantly stepped forward to help the girl stand up as she groans and look around.

Her painful winces froze as she took in the horror around her. Blotched sky, unrecognizable terrains...

This isn't what she recalled being in. She remembered a different type of chaos, but this wasn't it. Equally horrendous and traumatizing, but this isn't what scarred her for life.

So that means....there were more...?

"Yoo-hoo, are you even listening?"

The girl flinched as she turned to her side, finding the same foreign boy that she saw before fainting. She could tell because of that distinct feature seen on their face. The look of horror and shock didn't leave her as she gathered her voice.

"Where...where am I?"

Now he was more curious about this girl, who was oblivious to the pain and suffering no one would dare forget. Pitiful, but enviable...She had the innocence he wanted back when he had lost it long ago.

***

"Mosi gushaaa!"

To them, it was like divine punishment bestowed to them through a rain of fire, eating away their comrades alive.

But in truth, it was just a girl doing her duty. Seeing the hilichurl camp exterminated in front of her, Amber nodded and put her bow away, the red ribbon above her head swaying as she did.

"That should be the last of them," she said and placed her hands on her hips with a satisfied smile but wincing when the hilichurl camp cave in to the fire and came off with an explosive crash.

Boom!

Amber shielded herself as wooden debris flew at her, making her grumble and dust her clothes before retracing her steps back to her hometown.