73: She Who is Above The Law

"I must say, you look quite lovely in that body. My guess is that you would have grown to look just like me," Soleil mused as she touched her chest dramatically.

"Ah, I don't know why but the idea makes me fuzzy inside~! So long as we don't put in the fact that you just tried to kill me just earlier, hehe," Soleil giggled faintly.

Stella's seething glare slowly simmered down into a blank face. Like dying fire turning into hissing ice, traces of her former alarm became calmness amidst the raging torrents in the dark Abyss.

She fixed the gloves of her hands as she walked about unhurriedly. "Well-played. You gave up your own body as sacrifice to trap me. Then, you brought us into the Abyss, where countless people have died by just existing," Stella said with a cruel smile, "It's just like you."

"Oh, it's just a little tip I learned from someone; Setting up honey traps. I gave you what you want, and you fell right into my hands," Soleil smirked as she gestured at her possessed body, "It's quite strange for me to see my own face looking so cold. But say, are you feeling comfy in your little stay?"

Stella did not respond. She cast a suspicious stare on Soleil, which is one that the scholar recognized to be on Xinglan's face frequently.

"How did you know?" Stella asked. Soleil shrugged.

"I had my doubts at first, but it all became crystal clear with your last attempt: to lure and isolate me, making all kinds of monitoring on me disappear," she replied and laughed, "Haha! Unfortunately, there are way too many people who are suspicious, and way too many eyes watching my moves in Liyue. You wouldn't have succeeded with that either way, ahaha."

Stella pursed her lips. That was true. Soleil was a walking joker everyone wants on their side, but feared greatly when turned against them. Those with power would not sit still and allow the girl to move around, unaware of what she could be after or who was her next prey.

The Ministry, the Fatui, the Qixing... They have been working for and against the scholar without affiliation, vying for and determined to take her down at the same time.

It was maddening how Soleil stirs up the factions in Liyue. But that was also why she was the perfect candidate for Stella to use. Her only concern was how to get her.

She was sure she would succeed. Ironically, she did but ended up in the hands of the scholar who seemed to have predicted it all and planned from the start.

"I see that look on your face, Stella. I know what you're thinking," Soleil smiled amusingly, "I'll admit, you had me chasing my own tail for quite some time. I was confused with what you want from me but I knew...you were after me. You know me but I don't know you; That had me on edge, quite truthfully."

Soleil floated about the air as a formless spirit with only her glowing eyes and echoing voice to pinpoint where she was. She slithered about like a snake, flickering its tongue against its former shell, the body which is possessed.

"You were meticulous in your methods. To lure me in, you first used a bait. You knew what could grab my attention and so as opening move in our game of chess, you immediately sent your queen," Soleil smiled, "You presented yourself as an unknown enemy. One that cannot be seen. As a force that commanded the criminal onslaught with great control, you were a threat the Qixing will want me to be part in finding with the least commotion created, thus giving you more advantage to remain out of the spotlight. To keep me distracted and busy, you threw in more herring for me to follow. The maket crash and disappearance of ten million was too big for the nation, but was just a simple effort to keep me around longer."

"You predicted I would easily thwart your fiascoes with the Qixing and the market, and hooked me into the chain of events. So next, you sent a group of people to kidnap me and take me to the wilderness. At first, I thought you simply wanted me isolated and dead while the Fatui and Qixing were occupied with the criminals," Soleil said and smiled.

Omniscius [Genshin Impact]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara