64: The World Beneath The Sea

'Ready when you are.'

Good. Everything is finally coming together, Soleil thought while reading the small paper in hand.

After weeks and weeks of deliberation, she was finally reaching somewhere. Although she nearly died in Wuwang Hill, Hu Tao's journey had been very fruitful.

While she and Chongyun completed their end of the investigation, Soleil was sure she can take a few matters into her own hands.

Soleil ripped the paper to shreds and tossed it into the water. She watched the uneven waves and ripples swallow it, eventually dissolving the paper in its depths.

"I can't say I'm very impressed. We've come here all the way from the harbor just to...idle away in this place?" Childe looked around Guyun Stone forest skeptically, "I was expecting something else."

"And look where your high hopes got you. To be frank, you had no reason to follow me here," Soleil crossed her arms, "Or are you that suspicious of what I'd do?"

"Come now, what happened to our truce? Not everything I do is because of you," Childe replied and smirked, "But just imagine finding a domain locked away underwater... What could it have in store for us, I wonder? That's the only reason I followed you here."

"You shouldn't even know about it," Soleil huffed. Childe chuckled, "It's not my fault you had your little schedule for the day displayed on a desk so openly."

Soleil stared at him blankly and sat near the shore. She looked over her shoulder suspiciously, finding that Childe was standing behind her with a seemingly harmless eye smile.

The scholar shook her head and did her best to ignore Childe. Instead, she looked into the water, trying to see past her squinting reflection and into the clear waters.

Childe observed Soleil and chuckled. If she thinks he will leave after boring him with her idleness, she was mistaken.

"If we're going to pass time, why don't we go island-hopping?" Childe asked. "Go island-hopping yourself," Soleil said.

"Yeah, no. You won't get rid of me easily. I'm actually very patient when it came to things like this," Childe said, then he held his chin, "Now that I thought of it, I should have brought a fishing rod with me."

"Heh. I'm not doing what I'm doing because of you. I'm waiting for something," Soleil said as she dipped her hand into the water.

She remembered coming to Guyun with Beidou around this time of the day and felt the presence of the domain for the first time. If the domain under Guyun was the same one stated in the feint diary, then many things would make sense.

Soleil isn't sure the time was related to the domain activating, but she had to make sure just in case.

Childe was looking at a few fishes swimming peacefully. He conjured a spear and aimed one hand at the fish with a concentrated look.

He was about to hurl the Hydro spear when the fishes swam away in a startled craze. Soleil, too, felt alert when she felt the faintest of vibrations channeled in the water.

A heavy sensation seeped into her body, similar to the first time she sensed the domain. Her pocket watch resonated with energy, and Soleil felt the adeptal diary react.

That was the confirmation. Soleil got serious and stood up. The Harbinger dispelled his weapon and turned to her.

"You felt it, too, didn't you?" Childe asked. "M-hm. That must mean the domain is opening," Soleil replied.

She undressed her coat, discarded her gloves, and removed her heels and stockings. All of her other belongings were sent into Babylon, which she secured as a necklace for the time being.