64(Ludi Harpastum): Gold and Lazuli

Festivities has already begun and the first thing Soleil does is leave the house first thing in the morning.

She was also in a bit of a rush but still, she was able to whip up some breakfast and left on the table for Kaeya to eat when he woke up.

However...she may have forgotten to leave a note of her whereabouts or just anything in general. So when Kaeya woke up, the first thing he thought was that she disappeared without notice. It definitely didn't make him happy.

But Soleil was more concerned with something else. It was too important and she got upset with herself. How could she forget that one thing?

"This... Why is it so hard?" Soleil grumbled as she struggled with some materials on a work table. A few ribbons got tangled in her fingers and she began to wave her hand about to get it off.

"Ugh! Why won't you come off?!" A frustrated groan escaped her as she nearly lied down while fighting with the ribbons.

To Albedo, Soleil looked like a kitten playing with yarn. He watched from the distance with crossed arms and a faint smile.

Soleil's patience eventually ran out and she grabbed the shears. She snipped at the ribbons with a brutal glare and tossed it all into the brazier in the workshop.

"Finally!" she sighed. Albedo chuckled, "Those ribbons must have committed a grave crime to incite your wrath."

"Not funny," Soleil pouted and looked at her messy table. "Still no progress?" Albedo asked.

"No. Why is it so hard to make a Harpastum? It's supposed to be easy," Soleil rested her chin against the table with puffed cheeks.

"It is easy. But judging from your designs... You may have made it more difficult for yourself," Albedo raised a paper with sketches of a Harpastum.

Then he looked over at the medium-sized crate of gemstones and precious rocks. They were glistening brightly and he knew it costed lots of mora. Probably reaching the seven digits.

"Where did you get so much rare materials?" Albedo asked curiously. "A few friends in Liyue," Soleil shrugged.

"And they...charged you how much exactly?" Albedo asked hesitantly. Soleil blinked, "It's for free."

Albedo was shocked. "...Huh," was all he could say.

Soleil giggled, "Don't think much about it. If anything, this tiny crate means nothing to them. Now that I thought of it, I should have asked a few more things from Blackcliff Forge..."

"Soleil... It's just a Harpastum. No one would be upset even if you didn't adorn it with so much lavishness," Albedo said.

"Two Harpastums," Soleil corrected. "Regardless of quantity, you shouldn't overwork yourself. What if you get injuries?" Albdedo looked at Soleil's hands with a concerned look.

"Then it only means I'm putting effort into it. Still, my designs are obviously clear of error so I shouldn't be getting anything wrong. Hmph, these stupid materials..." Soleil tapped her chin and grinned, "Should I just cheat and use some transmutations?"

Albedo raised an eyebrow and raised a palm. Light began to harness, which incited a panicked look from Soleil.

"Hey! D-Don't use your power just yet! You only got better some time ago. What if you get another backlash?" she said and placed Albedo's hand down.

"It would make things easier for you if I manifest two Harpastums to your liking. It shouldn't be too much of a task," Albedo replied, amused with how Soleil clutched his wrist frantically.