24: They Need To Grow Up One Day

Rain drizzled outside, giving the night air a fresh but musky scent. Soleil's quillpen continued to make scratching noises as she wrote on scented parchment, feeling the warm light brought by the lanterns lighting her room.

As soon as she finished, she folded it neatly before placing it inside an envelope. Soleil turned to the burning candle on the other side of the table.

The candlelight flickered as she placed a spoon above it, slowly melting the golden wax inside it. Then, she poured it over the envelope's opening flap, immediately stamping it with her swan seal before it cooled.

Soleil placed the envelope along with a few others stacked neatly inside a box. All in all, she prepared four letters to be sent to Mondstadt.

She got up and approached the bird cage atop her bedside table. The white owl Diluc had gifted to her stared at her with its midnight-colored eyes.

Soleil opened the cage and allowed it to land on her forearm. She turned to the windows.

"Hm... Right about time," Soleil mused when the rain slowed and cleared up. The clouds parted and the moonlight spread like dust.

"You're off for a visit, Luce," Soleil said as she scratched the owl's head, "Take the mail to them safely, love."

Luce grabbed the tiny box, where the letters were, in its talons and flew out the window. Soleil watched the owl go into the distant skies before turning into a dot she can no longer see.

After that, Soleil turned to her desk, where a few new books to her collection were placed the night before.

Xingqiu had been eager to assist her and brought some things he thought she might need. Though, the timing was bad since the night he visited was the night Soleil was abducted in secrecy.

Soleil hummed as she picked up a book. The Records of the Gallant: The Hermit was a compilation she had looked through once but found little to no relevance.

According to Xingqiu, the book had a second volume but it was not one the Wanwen Bookhouse sold. Soleil didn't really mind as she guessed it would contain little to no significance either.

But the longer she looked at the book, the more she thought... The Hermit of the story may as well be Morax taking one of many forms.

Soleil sat before her study desk and looked through papers and diagrams. A few sources in the intelligence network managed to scour through archaeological texts and provided her a few things she had asked for.

Most of them led to Guili Plains... The place where Guili Assembly first stood. The place where Morax first led his people along with a goddess named Guizhong.

Indeed, Guili Assembly existed long before Liyue Harbor did. It stood nearly four millennia ago, before the Archon War even ensued.

It was a ridiculously long time so naturally, information of it is long gone. That was Soleil's only complaint about it. In the end, she got herself a tablet containing Guizhong's four commandments in Guili Plains.

Teach with wisdom.

Be bound by virtue.

Fortify the bones.

Unite in ambition.

Soleil clicked her tongue. A nation that had two gods watching over them: one being the strongest of The Seven and one being the wisest known god in the records. What a waste.

If Guili Assembly had stood longer, it would no doubt be an empire that conquers Teyvat... And one that may or may not get on Celestia's nerves and incite their wrath as precautionary measures.

Omniscius [Genshin Impact]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें