4: Long Time No See. You're Still Under Arrest

"I should have seen it coming when I saw some Fatui agents 'asleep' on my way in," Kaeya mused, "But I still wouldn't have thought of it since I never expected to see you again. What happened?"

Soleil sighed. "I told them it wasn't a very good idea and already told them about what happened with the Treasure Hoarders. They didn't listen so I gave them a...test rerun," she finished with a mysterious smile.

"You ran into some Treasure Hoarders as well?" Kaeya asked, eyebrows raised. "I told them I had no mora. They didn't listen so..." Soleil shrugged.

Kaeya's lips twitched. "If I were to make a bet, I'd say it had to do with one of your precious 'toys'," he said. "Congratulations, you won," Soleil grinned.

"How convenient for you," Kaeya said, walking around and observing the ruins. "Shouldn't you be angry? I did zap some of your diplomatic besties," Soleil asked curiously.

"Well, as far as I know, the Knights were not involved in this mess so I don't have to do anything. If anyone was to blame, it'd be you," Kaeya smirked at Soleil.

"Boo, traitor besties," she said. Kaeya laughed, "Though I can't say I didn't enjoy watching them in their humiliating state. In a way, you did us a favor."

"Hm, so you really are a knight," she stated, "I don't see any Favonian symbol on your clothes, though."

"The symbol is not only worn on a person's clothing. While it may be a display of affiliation and status, the true symbol is worn over the heart as a symbol of pure loyalty. Don't you think so?" Kaeya playfully answered.

"In short, that's a no," Soleil said, making the man chuckle. This guy's love for flowery words and poetic logic can be quite the pain in the butt.

"But speaking as a knight, you have yet to take up my offer on the tour. What do you say, fair tourist?" Kaeya asked, a certain dangerous glint back in his eye, "We can continue our chats somewhere more suitable for a reunion."

Soleil gives him a blank look before dramatically sighing. "How unfair. We have not seen each other in over ten years and the first thing you do when you see me is to arrest me? For what crimes, anyway?" she asked.

"A shame, yes. But a job is a job. The circumstances were just not in our favor. But to tell you why..." Kaeya looks over at Soleil, "Reports at the office speak of some strange activities happening over at the ruins surrounding Mondstadt. With your sudden appearance, I must say, I was inclined to connect some dots."

"Activities, huh? What kind?" Soleil squinted her eyes. This guy was trying to bait her into another one of his traps. She knew him too well.

"The unusual kind," Kaeya playfully answered, "Something that you typically shouldn't encounter in forgotten places like the ruins. Do you know something?"

"No. As you said, I'm just a tourist," Soleil smiled, "I wouldn't know anything about Mondstadt's endeavors as I am only visiting."

"I'm having a hard time believing you," Kaeya replied with a slight squint of his scrutinizing eye. Soleil only gave him an amused eye smile.

"You don't? That's a shame," Soleil shrugged before fixing her cloak and passing by Kaeya, "Well then, I'll leave you to your job. It'd be bad for you to be distracted."

The shrill sound of a sword being unsheathed was her response. Cold metal was pressed against her nape and she could feel the blade through her black cloak.

"I'm afraid I can't let you leave that easily," his calm voice contradicted the deadly atmosphere surrounding the two.

Soleil sighed as she turned around, "Can't you let a girl have a break? I had three violent encounters on my way here, and only one had a peaceful conclusion to it."