35(Moonchase): A Very 'Heated' Discussion

"A domain for Ruin machines?"

"Yes. Apparently, she had built one in Luhua Pool as she went on with her research on them."

Soleil was shocked to hear what Xingqiu had to say. She was inside Xingqiu's house, eating a few desserts as the young man sat on the couch opposite to her.

"Huh... What a reckless goddess. How could she tamper with dangerous machines when she wasn't known for strength, in particular?" Soleil said thoughtfully.

"She was still a goddess, nonetheless. Surely, a few broken Ruin Guards couldn't have hurt her," Xingqiu proposed, "Not with Rex Lapis by her side, in the least."

"Still so reckless..." Soleil mumbled. Xingqiu may think of Ruin Guards as broken machines due to what he sees today, but this was about four thousand years ago, before Khaenri'ah fell. Ruin Guards were at their strongest way before the Archon War.

Ruin Guards had mechanical engineers tending and fixing them. They were Teyvat's most powerful infantry at the time. Only after when the Eclipse Dynasty of Khaenri'ah fell did Ruin Guards dwindle in strength.

That was when Soleil had fallen through a portal that brought her to the current timeline. But still... if Guizhong has researched on the models of the Ruin Guards from millennia ago...

Guizhong may as well be another bridge to Soleil's investigations.

"The domain is in Luhua Pool, you say?" Soleil asked. "Yep. According to the texts, the domain was called the Realm of Clouds. After her death, the adepti had created another domain to store the Ruin machines, which I quote– are 'evil artifacts' that are better hidden away from the world," Xingqiu said.

"Which is a wise decision," Soleil said and held her chin, "Luhua Pool is located west from Guili Plains. It is believable she would create her domain there."

"I'm quite curious. Why do you wish to learn about the ancient God of Dust, Soleil?" Xingqiu asked, "For you to take interest in her definitely sparks my interest."

"Well, it may be because I find it a waste. Guili Assembly is already a well-protected nation guarded by two gods. Aren't you curious about how it came to an end?" Soleil asked.

"Hm... It does make me wonder. Although the inhabitants of the Assembly are later saved and known to be the first residents of Liyue Harbor, Guizhong's death does seem like a topic of debate," Xingqiu nodded.

"Right?" Soleil smiled. Though, in truth, she really couldn't care much.

It is a waste that Guizhong died, but her actions by far have shown Soleil that the wise goddess may have uncovered some details in the veiled past that could answer everything that has happened, is happening, and will happen.

Where did Guizhong keep the dangerous knowledge she had acquired? That is what Soleil wants. She was right about looking into the matter.

"I'm glad I asked for your help, Xingqiu. It must have been stressing to skim through these texts for me," Soleil smiled at the Feiyun young lord.

"It was no arduous task, Soleil. I actually had a fun time reading. I can see why you like to study. It definitely feeds my mind the knowledge it needs," Xingqiu chuckled.

"I'm glad you share my sentiments, Xingqiu. However, I do need to trouble you again," Soleil said, "Can I ask you to look into Guizhong's death and the end of Guili Assembly? I strongly believe those two are connected."

"I have a feeling, too. This shouldn't be any trouble for me as long as it involves reading. Now I feel more inclined to help you as this is beginning to make me feel curious to know what's happened," Xingqiu nodded and held his chin.