51: The Bane and the Boon

"I lead Teucer here?! You... Do you realize just how stupid the things coming out of your mouth are today?" Soleil said to Childe with restrained irritation, "Do you really think I would leave Teucer here, in the middle of these broken ruins, like we were out camping?!"

Rain began to pour heavily outside, causing droplets to seep into the cracks of the stronghold ruins while the skies turned a dark gray.

The earlier heat was now damp with moist with the changing weather but no one else could feel greater discomfort other than witnessing another altercation to take place.

"Why don't you ask Teucer yourself? Unlike you, he doesn't lie," Childe sneered. Soleil had the urge to slap him but held back with Teucer around.

She collected her calm and exhaled. She looked at Teucer, "Teucer... We're feeling a little confused right now with your words. You suddenly disappeared without a word and I felt too stressed wondering where you were. How could I ever lead you here to Mt. Tianheng?"

"That's the thing, big brother. I really didn't say Miss Sunny led me here. I just thought she would be," Teucer scratched his head nervously with all intense looks on him.

"Then can you please tell us what happened exactly?" Yanfei asked. "Yes. Please help clear your brother's head or I might just go crazy," Childe sighed.

"I woke up last night because I heard someone playing a flute. It was a really nice sound so I went out to look for the person because I just got curious. I didn't realize I've gone too far away from the hotel..." Teucer said apologetically.

"Teucer, you didn't know the person so why would you look for them?!" Childe asked frantically. "That was a very rash decision, Teucer," Zhongli said.

"B-But I didn't think it was just anyone! I thought it was Miss Sunny because she had a flute and said she would practice how to use it. I just wanted to see her using it!" Teucer protested.

"A flute?" Childe frowned. "The flute..." Yanfei said in realization. They all turned to Soleil and their eyes landed on the white and yellow-specked flute on her waist.

"That's the same one Madame Ping gave to you," Yanfei frowned. "So it was you," Childe glared.

"You idiots. I told you, I was at the hot springs that time! Unless Teucer claims he has really seen me, it can't be me!" Soleil hissed.

"No, it wasn't," Teucer sighed and shook his head, "I only heard the flute and followed it... I never saw Miss Sunny."

"Hm... I doubt Soleil has any reason to hide from Teucer either if she were playing the flute," Zhongli said.

"I don't even know how to play it properly," Soleil huffed angrily. Yanfei sneered, "Then why did you ask for the flute if you don't know how to play?"

"What are you implying?" Soleil glanced at her. "That flute is imbued with traces of adeptal energy–The same ones with the diaries. Now I'm convinced, you are up to something sinister," Yanfei said.

"Again with the diaries!" Soleil sighed exasperatingly. "Of course, it has to do with the diaries!" Yanfei said and took out the black notebooks.

"I've tried reading through their contents but I couldn't see anything or understand anything. Every time I tried, I felt something sucking away my energy and continues to push me out. There's something wrong with these items and if you have them, that only means you have plans to use them for whatever purposes you have," Yanfei stated firmly.

"Then you need to give them back to me," Soleil frowned, "Holding unto it will just make you weaker–Heck, it might even kill you! Yanfei, give them back to me."