31: A Cruise of Three

"Hurry, hurry, hurry!"

Excited giggles surfaced as several feet racked on the wooden planks near the wharf.

"Whoa! What a big ship!" Teucer exclaimed as he looked at the docks, where a colossal ship was stationed surrounded by skirmisher boats.

Large sails cast huge shadows on the smaller boats and stalls nearby, the color red being highlighted further by the sun. Soleil walked and stopped behind the awestruck boy while holding Qiqi's pale, cold hand.

"That's the Alcor, the flagship of the Crux Fleet," Soleil told Teucer. "Wow," Teucer looked at her, "And we're allowed to go there?"

"M-hm. Although I was supposed to go by myself, I'll make sure the both of you are exemptions," Soleil said.

"Wow..." Qiqi's mouth formed a small 'o' as she stared on. She tugged at Soleil's hand, "Soleil, I wanna go there."

"Yeah! Let's go!"

Soleil's eyes widened as she was suddenly pulled and nearly tripped. "Woah! Careful, you two," she called to her front, her hands being pulled on rather excitedly.

"Come on, Miss Sunny! I can't wait!" Teucer grinned at Soleil happily before dashing even faster while grabbing Soleil's hand.

"Yes. Soleil, please hurry," Qiqi said, contrasting the excited boy as she pulled Soleil's other hand.

"Hehehe! Hurry!" Teucer said as they zoomed across the wharf. Nearby people were startled as they sped by like a flash.

"Teucer, you'll trip if you run any faster!" Soleil said as she tried to match the little boy's pace.

"But it's a ship! I want to go to the ship. It's big and cool!" Teucer pouted, going a little slower now they were at the wharf.

"But you always travel by ship when you visit your brother," Soleil sighed, slowing down and able to calm the two children.

"Yeah, but it's not too fun. There's always so many people following me and I can never go to the starboard by myself!" Teucer huffed, swinging Soleil's hand side to side idly.

Soleil smiled. "You know they do that because your brother made it so, right? He just wants you to be safe," she said.

"I know..." Teucer pouted, his freckled cheeks puffing sulkily. Soleil giggled, "But I know what you mean. It is a little annoying to have too many people watching you."

"Really?" Teucer asked curiously. "Yes, my darling," Soleil smiled, side-glancing at the shadow behind a few wooden crates stacking together by the docks.

Soleil felt amused. One by the docks, one by the stairs, four near the turning points into the docks...

"Let's hurry off, then. I can't be late to my appointment," Soleil said. Teucer brightened up, "Yeah!"

Soleil turned to Qiqi as they went through the stalls by the wharf. "Feeling well, Qiqi?" Soleil asked.

"Yes," Qiqi nodded, "But we must hurry. Dr. Baizhu will know Qiqi went missing."

"Well, we can't have that," Soleil said, "I promised to take you to the sea the other time so I will do  it...even though you forgot."

"No. Qiqi remembers. Thank you," Qiqi looked up at Soleil. The scholar smiled softly, "I'm glad you do."

For some reasons, Baizhu was intent on limiting contact between Soleil and Qiqi and would do his best to watch out for the scholar.

However, Soleil had been successful in snatching away Qiqi while Baizhu was visiting a patient in Qingce Village. Qiqi didn't know what was going on until she read her diary and saw that she wrote a small schedule just for Soleil and herself.