61: The Ballad of Mona Lisa

Dim, blue lights were a hazy fog within Soleil's bright eyes. It gave off such an inhuman glow. And for that moment, Soleil was close to one. Not a trace of emotion was on her face.

She cast a hypnotized gaze on the blue rock she held between her forefinger and thumb. She raised it above her and smiled lifelessly.

Who knew the rock gifted to her by the hilichurls belonged to the notorious space beyond the sky? Soleil completely forgot how dark it was to be awake.

The rock was a fragment of the constellation infused with Leonard's ideal beliefs for a peaceful life for humanity.

How foolish.

Soleil grasped the meteorite fragment and crushed it mercilessly. The runes began to shatter and fade into blue smoke. Soleil absorbed it all with a conjured magic circle in a hand.

Soleil did this with a dark glint in her eyes while observing the energy churn. Soleil began to scheme. It was one thing she was good at.

Imagine the chaos the meteorite's power brought down on Liyue and Mondstadt and how much can be done with it... It would be a waste to pass on the opportunity.

Who shall be the next person that will fall for Soleil's schemes?

Her most recent one had been quite a ride. In order to save Mondstadt, Springvale was used as the sacrificial lamb. While most of the pieces she used were guilty, the villagers were the most affected ones. Some were even homeless due to the attack.

Still, Soleil felt no regret. What matters is that the Abyss Order and the Fatui were stopped. Minor details can be left to the knights to deal with and were out of her concern.

Bam!

The doors of her workshop opened violently accompanied by multiple clinking of hanging ornaments and rapid footsteps.

Soleil lazily glanced in the direction of the sound and dispelled her magic circle. She smiled at the newcomer.

"You don't look well. Did you eat something nasty?" she asked. Scaramouche glared at her as he brisk-walked in.

"You arrogant little thing. You dared to use me in your schemes?" he snarled, "Do you really think you can get away with it?!"

He gave off a murderous aura that threw the workshop into a state of dark ambience. Soleil remained smiling even as Scaramouche stood right in front of her.

"Didn't I?" Soleil tilted her head. Scaramouche laughed scornfully, "You are truly shameless and arrogant. Of all the others, you dared to use ME of all people?! Just who do you think you are?!"

"Why couldn't it be you? You're a Harbinger and an esteemed figure," Soleil smiled viciously, "How else am I going to teach the Fatui a lesson if not by using one of their lieutenants as an example? Hahaha."

Scaramouche seethed with anger and veins began to show in his shaking fists and forehead. Soleil only seems to be amused with his fuming reactions.

"You have no idea how much I want to kill you. I could decapitate you here and now and no one would even notice a pest like you died," Scaramouche glowered.

The humiliation of being played by a person lower than him was too insulting to his pride. Painting his hands with Soleil's blood might just calm him down.

"That begs the question, doesn't it?" Soleil smirked, "Why didn't you?"

Scaramouche was further angered by her attitude. He slammed a hand down on the table, making it shatter into splinters and fly around the room violently.