41: Is That An Invitation?

The wounds on her body may have been tended to, but she still felt them burning from within.

It was either the wound was poorly disinfected or the dreadful sense of guilt eating little Soleil. But judging from the complete apparatus around where she was, it couldn't have been the first.

So that leaves the second option. Poor, poor Soleil... She would close her eyes and she would still hear the sizzling sounds in the air and the whirling sense of resentment wanting to break loose.

She had already allowed it to break free once before and it cost her the world. She wasn't planning to do the same mistake again.

Instead, she felt like she was making a new one when she chose to sit on the chair opposite of them.

Young Soleil could feel the midnight black hair sticking to her nape. She stared at the strange person in front of her and felt the sense of danger looming in the ironically quiet room.

"What do you want from me?" she asked bravely, refusing to let her voice or body shake.

A firm glare on her otherwise tiny face was almost too amusing. Too amusing that it made the strange person smile smugly down on her.

"Straight to the point, eh? You're no fun, kid. But I guess that explains what happened out there," the person leaned on the empty table.

"Did you know?" his grin was vicious, "Word has it that a little girl went out slaughtering her playmates. In broad daylight."

"They aren't my playmates," Soleil frowned. "Oh, but you still killed them," the person taunted, "What a bad little girl you are. Did your parents never teach you any manners?"

Soleil sighed irritatingly. "You seem to know that wasn't the actual case," she said. "Is it not?" the person in front of her smirked.

"Let's just get straight to the point. You're not turning me in but using what happened as leverage against me. That alone shows you want something from me. What is it?!" Soleil demanded angrily.

The person leaned his head on a hand. "I saw what happened, alright. You were so brave. A young, little foreigner goes on to save a bunch of useless twerps by killing them. What a classic tragedy!" he laughed sadistically.

Soleil glared at him, disgusted. "Those were children! How can you call them useless, you monster?" she asked.

"Because they are useless. They're leftovers from a little miscalculation I've had with my research," the person frowned. The blood in Soleil's face drained when he said that.

"Those kids...you experimented on them?" she whispered, her eyes a terrified shade of yellow.

"Eh. Somebody's gotta do the work," the person shrugged casually, ticking Soleil off.

Soleil couldn't even say a thing out loud but her head was throbbing with mixing emotions. She looked at the man with horror, "You're a monster."

That blatant disregard for life... It disgusts her.

"Yes, yes, I'm the bad guy," the man waved his hand side to side boredly, "But it seems that they weren't completely useless. After all, they brought me you."

Soleil's heartbeat quickened with a terrible rhythm. "What...?" she managed to speak out.

"I saw how your Vision manifested. Electro, correct? The lightning flashed and there it was. It was beautiful," the person's crazed grin widened, "The way you held the Delusion with grace to destroy the Vision was too beautiful! So beautiful I could die! Hahahaha!"