15: The Cats and the Mouse

The personnel of Shenglu Hall couldn't help but feel nervous when they saw the women employed to the Qixing walking towards them. After all, seeing the General Secretary, the Yuheng, and the rumored Qixing Advisor in one place meant something was up.

Keqing and Ganyu both had stern looks as their heels clacked in sync against the stone floors, rarely paying attention to the surprised stares of the people around them.

On the other hand, Soleil let out a small yawn before following the brisk-walking ladies. They were obviously there for business.

"W-Welcome, Lady–"

Keqing raised a hand to cut off the speaking young man. She side-glanced at him, "Miss Ruoyu. Where is she?"

"I am here, Lady Keqing," a woman came and made a small bow of respect. Keqing's amethyst eyes darted to her indifferently.

"Hmph. I trust you know why we are here," Keqing spoke with crossed arms. Miss Ruoyu sighed, "We all do, Your Eminence. Please, let me lead the way to the warehouse."

"How cooperative," Soleil mused. "It would be unwise for them not to be," Keqing said and followed after Miss Ruoyu.

"Talk to their managers and inform us later of what they say," Soleil whispered quickly to Ganyu, who nodded and went the other way.

Soleil then went after Keqing and Miss Ruoyu, observing some of the personnel subtly on her way under the guise of a greeting smile.

"We had the warehouse closed down as soon as we discovered the hallucinogens in one of the batches of vases. No one's had access to it since then," Miss Ruoyu reported to Keqing.

"I've been informed that the warehouse it was found in contained the goods you were supposed to send out," Soleil chimed in as she caught up to Keqing's side.

"Yes," Miss Ruoyu said. "Local or international export?" Keqing asked.

"Just local, Your Eminence. The warehouse for exporting goods internationally is handled directly by the main staff," Miss Ruoyu answered.

"I had assumed initially it was imported. But if it was for export..." Keqing trailed off and shared a look with Soleil.

The hallucinogens were meant to be sent out under the guise of selling the ceramic wares. To who was not Soleil's concerns, but what the hallucinogens could be used for.

"Here we are," Miss Ruoyu said as they approached a one-story building. "Open it," Keqing commanded.

Miss Ruoyu nodded at the few personnel following them. They nodded and opened the doors, revealing rows and columns of tightly sealed parcels and shelves of fragile ceramic vases, cups, and pots.

"The batch containing the hallucinogens is located at the nearest row," Miss Ruoyu said. Keqing nodded and was about to approach when Soleil tugged her sleeves.

Keqing turned in surprise. "Here. Don't take risks," Soleil offered a handkerchief.

Keqing nodded gratefully before taking the handkerchief and covering her nose. She took her hairpin, infusing it with Electro and creating a small source of purple light.

She placed it on top of a vase. Her eyes narrowed to see a suspicious pouch covered in powder. She checked the rest, lighting its content with her charged hairpin.

"Say, why does it have to be in rows?" Soleil asked Miss Ruoyu curiously.

"To sort the wares that were ordered and those that are to be sent out on specific dates," the woman answered, "The row Lady Keqing is investigating now contains the batches meant to be sent out today. But when a Millelith soldier came with an order and search warrant, we had to comply and delay the product distribution."