'i still need you, nat' - NR

heyyyyy!

Your POV
It's been a month since I walked away from Natasha. I was sick of her treating me like a child. I felt tapped in the walls of that tower, feeling suffocated by her presence since she never left me alone.

Here's a bit of backstory.
Fury took me into the tower with the avengers when I was 11. I was being neglected by the orphanage I was at, simply because I was 'different'. I could make things happen that no one else could. As in, I could make things float with just my eyes. And...Nick Fury found out.

Anyway, Natasha somehow saw herself in me and took me under her wing. Now I was a weak, timid 11 year old so I kind of just attached myself to her whenever I could. But now, i'm 19 and want to go places without her constant eyes glaring at me. So we had an argument and I stupidly walked out and now stay at random hotels.

present time
I sigh, staring at the ceiling glumly. I am so bored but I don't want to do anything. 'i miss Nat' I think so myself but then instantly smack myself in the head. 'No Y/N, you shouldn't'. I groan and sit up, deciding maybe I should go for a walk.

That's where things started going wrong.

I couldn't figure out what to wear, as I always wanna be dressed up to go anywhere. I don't like going out in lazy wear for some reason. Unless it's a late night walk to get snacks from a shop. Natasha normally helped me pick out good outfits. 'shut up idiot, you don't need her to help you pick an outfit.' I sigh and grab a pair of baggy beige cargo trousers, and an oversized dark gray hoodie and then shove on my worn down converse.

I then walk the streets of New York, kind of getting lost since I have no sense of direction. Natasha normally was with me on walks and she'd pick out the best places to go for 'mother daughter dates' she'd call them. 'ugh stop thinking of that woman Y/N!'

I end up at the park and trip over an uneven rocky path, making me fall and scrape my knees against the ground along with my hands. I sigh in frustration as I see my trousers slightly ripped from that. There was slight blood drops dripping down my knees and my hands were scraped and red. "fuck" I curse lightly to myself and quickly walk to a bench. Natasha would've laughed but then cared for me after that. 'oh my god. shut up, you're attached to her' I say in my head and shake my head to myself.

To top it all off, when I got to my hotel, I realised I'm incapable of cooking. I've been living off of takeaways this past month and i didn't want to have another because I was craving my favourite but I cant cook to save my life. And yes, it's a fancy ass hotel with a kitchen in the room. It shocked me too.

I tear up, everything building up to now was too much. I let out a sob as I see my phone light up, the picture of Natasha holding 11 year old me in her lap was shown on my screen. I shakily grab my phone and ring a number i'm familiar too.

"Hello? honey is that you!?" Natasha's worried voice rang out through the walls of the room. I cry and clutch my phone tight to my ear. "Natty..." I whimper out.

"Baby spider what's wrong?" She rushed out, the old nickname she gave me only a couple years ago slipping out. It made my cry harder. "I-" I cut myself off with a sob before continuing. "I-I still need you, Nat." I cry out. "I'm sorry for leaving, please come help me Natty. I'm not ready to leave, i'm sorry I don't know why I thought I could do this..." I wail and clutch the necklace that had a red hourglass on it for Natasha.

"Oh sweetheart. i'm on my way baby." I heard her rush about, grabbing her keys. "where are you baby? can you tell me?" I sniffle, trying to calm myself. "A-at that stupid fancy hotel we always bitched about."

It only took 5 minutes before my door was practically flung off its hinges and there she stood. I quickly stand up and flung myself onto her. "i'm sorry Natty, please forgive me." I whisper into her ear. I felt her smile softly and kiss my temple gently. "Of course baby." She whispers back, kissing my cheek this time. "I'll always be there my baby. Even if you try pushing me away, i'll be there every step of your life." She pulled me back, cupping my cheeks and wiping my tears. "Of course you will." I croak out, sniffling and smiling lightly. "You're my mom, Nat." I say. At that, Natasha's eyes filled up with tears and she quickly hugged me again. "And you're my daughter."