Don't Jump - SJ

WARNING - ATTEMPTS OF SUICIDE AND MENTIONS OF ABUSE!
Your also a couple of years younger than Scarlett!

That's it I was ready. I was sick of my boyfriend being lovely to me when we were out with others and our in public but be a bastard when we get home. He would slap the shit out of me and call me names. He would always look at me as if I'm trash. Am I trash? Am I useless? Am I a slut?

I drive my car to the highway and parked at the side. I jumped out and ran in front of cars but they just swivelled round me. Some just stopped. So this isn't going to work. I look to my left and see a long drop to the river. Here goes nothing. I ran to the edge...

SCARLETTS POV
Me and Brie were just having a drive around singing some songs and just having fun. I looked at Brie for a second and saw she had shock with terror on her face. I look forward and see a girl run onto the road. Is she trying to get herself killed?

I stopped just in front of her. She opened her eyes to see us. I saw her eyes glaze with tears. I saw her look to her left and I followed her line fo sight. She was looking at the edge. She was going to jump. I rush out the car just as she started running for the edge. Just as she jumped I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her back.

"Noooo! Please let me go! I wanna do it! Please!" She pleaded as she was racking with sobs. I looked at her with concern. "No hun, I'm not gonna let you. This is not how you work things out. Trust me. You can work this out. There are better ways of coping with whatever is going on. Calm down I have got you." I soothed her while running my hand through her hair. She turned so her head was dug under my chin. "Shhh sweetie." I cooed. We sat there for a couple of minutes until I pulled back. Her eyes were red and puffy and her bottom lip was slightly quivering. I brushed some hair behind her ear.

She then looked behind me and saw all the cars stopped. "I-I'm s-sorry m-ma'am." She stuttered. Her eyes filling with tears once again. "Hey no look at me. It's not your fault. People will understand. Okay?" I reassured her. She nodded. "I'm sorry I should get back to my boyfriend now." She whispered but I could hear the sadness in her voice when she says it. "How about you come with me and my friend? We could use some company." I asked. She shook her head and I could see fear in her eyes. "No no I can't do that no my boyfriend won't be happy." I looked at her confused. It took me a couple of seconds. Her boyfriend was abusive. "I insist and I assure you won't be seeing your boyfriend." She smiled.

I helped her up and walked to the car. She got in the back and awkwardly sat there. "Sorry I didn't get your name?" I smiled at her. "Y/N" She whispered. "Well I'm Scarlett and this is Brie." Brie turned around and smiled at her. "Hi!" Brie exclaimed. "Hi" Y/N whispered back. I laughed.

She was quiet all the way to my house and she just sat staring at the window. She zoned out and Brie was already in the house. I opened the door for her but she hasn't snapped out of her trance yet. I snapped my fingers in front of her but still no response. I sighed. Please don't be too heavy. I lifted her up and surprisingly she was really light. I mean what did I expect she was even shorter than me.

I walked into the living room where Brie was and sat Y/N down on the couch. That's when she snapped out of it but she seemed to start to panic. "Please no I'm sorry." She whimpered. I walked over slowly and gently took her hands. She looked at me and relief washed over her features. "Your not there right now hun. Your with me and Brie." My thumb rubbing circles over her knuckles. She whimpered and nodded. I notice she was tired and there was 2 bedrooms. Brie's but it's a single bed. And mine.

"Want to go to sleep?" She shrugged. I feel like she thinks there is a wrong answer to everything. "Hey you can if you want." She looked up at me and nodded. I smiled and stood up. She followed me to my room. "Okay this is my room but I don't mind sharing." She shook her head. "I can sleep on the couch." She whispered. I grabbed her hand and pulled her onto the bed with me. "You will sleep on this bed." I said sternly. She quickly nodded. She scampered under the covers and snuggled into them. She looked like a mini burrito. I smiled and kissed her forehead. I walked out the room to find a smirking Brie. "You like her." She stated. I nodded. "I think I do."