little duckling - SJ

little reader

Scarletts POV
Me and Y/N have been together for 1 year and 6 months. It's been amazing, but she's hiding something from me. She's all jumpy when I walk in a room which concerns me.

I wake up to Y/N snuggled into my chest with one of her arms clutching her stuffed toy. In my opinion it's adorable, she's had that toy since she was born, as her older sister once told me. It was a pink bunny that she named Mr floppy.

"My love, it's time to wake up." I whispered, stroking her back. She stirred a bit, her hand moving closer to her mouth before freezing just before her thumb goes in her mouth making me confused. "You okay?" She nodded before leaning up, kissing my cheek and jumping off the bed, running to the bathroom. I lay there confused.

I soon get up and head towards the closet to see what i should wear today. But I stopped when i saw a pack of nappies, some pacifiers and toys. They seem to be hidden behind all the clothes, so I pushed them apart properly to see, kids books, child looking clothes and more. Why's all this here? Is Y/N babysitting someone?

"Hey Scarly? You okay?" Y/N asked me as I sat on the bed waiting for her. "Yes. I have a question though. Why is there a bunch of baby and kid stuff in the closet?" She froze up before slowly turning round to see that i've pulled it all out. "Y/N, are-" I didn't get to finish my sentence before she bolted out the room and into another. I shot up after her but couldn't find her.

Well, that was until I heard a little sob coming from the little 'secret' room. It's not really a secret, but you have to climb into it. "Y/N, my love?" I slowly opened the door to see my girl sobbing and rocking back and forth. "Hey baby..." I reach for her as she looks at me. Her eyes seem more innocent. "I sorry!" She sobbed, squirming away from me but i managed to grab her and bring her into my chest. "I sorry. I sorry!" She continued to cry. "What are you sorry for my love?" I pulled back slightly. She sniffled before mumbling. "Da baby stuffs fo' me." I took a moment to process. So, she age regresses? how did I not notice?

I clearly took to long to reply as Y/N had dashed of. "Y/N! Baby! I'm sorry, come back!" I yelled throughout the house. "Y/N?" I checked the living room, kitchen, dining room, the 2 guests rooms and every cupboard or closet. Lastly is our shared room. I walk in slowly, trying to hear any subtle movements until I see a lump under the covers. I chuckle quietly before walking round. "Hmm where the baby gone?" I slowly walk over to the bed and rip off the covers. "There she is!" Again, she tried to squirm away but I pulled her to me and straddling my lap.

"Nuh... away." She hit my arm. "Hey! Don't hit me." I say sternly. Y/N whimpers and nods. "M' sorry." I nod and kiss her head. "Next time use your words baby girl." Y/N sat cuddling into my chest for a couple minutes before I pulled her back. "You know i don't mind about you being a little." I say gently, brushing her hair out if her face. "And, i'd like to take care of you and get to know the little one." She giggled and instantly starting cooing at her. "You're so cute." She blushed and his her face into my neck. "How about, we get changed into more exciting clothes!" I say enthusiastically making her squeal and run to the pile of onesies. "Di'saur!" I smiled and picked her up and chucked her on the bed. "Dinosaur it is." I change her and picked her up again. "Let's go watch some movies yeah?" I bounced her a bit whilst she nodded.

You both sat and watched movies all day, you made her watch some of them twice. But she say there, holding you close and tending to your needs. You felt warm inside, you felt loved and cared for.

"Bath time!" Scarlett called from behind you once the movie finished. "Okay." You sighed sadly. "Ducky?" Scarlett smiled and kissed your head muttering a 'of course'

You splashed around in the bath, making up stories about the toy ducks in the bath, Scarlett smiling in adoration as she washes your hair and body. "my little duckling."