best friend - SJ

i don't want to use her actual daughters name, so Scarlett's daughter is called Isla

Isla is 7
Y/N is 6

Scarletts PoV
Today, my daughters best friend is coming for a sleepover and Isla is talking my ear off about what they are going to do.

"And then we will will play family, then we will watch A nightmare before christmas-" "Hang on hang on." I stop her. "You are naming all the things you love to do. Does Y/N like that stuff?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. My daughter can be quite demanding but i don't want her to boss her friends about. "We'll of course she does, we discussed the plan." She rolled her eyes sassily. I chuckle and shake my head, continuing to drive her to her school.

time skip to after school

I'm standing outside the school, waiting for the kids when the bell rings and kids practically sprint out the building.

I finally see Isla, holding a slightly smaller girls hand. The girl looked timid and nervous as Isla drags her over to me, and i hear the words 'don't worry Y/N/N, my mama will love you.' My heart melts at the fact my daughter is reassuring her friend.

"MAMA!" Isla screams happily, hugging around my waist. "hi sweetheart." I bend down and kiss her head. "Who's this?" I smile at the girl, who was playing with her fingers. "This is Y/N mama, you know this." She giggled and Y/N smiled slightly. "Well it's nice to meet you honey, you can call me Scarlett or Scarly as some of Islas other friends call me." I smile at her softly. She nods at me and smiles.

When we arrived, Isla was quick to leave her car seat, out of the car as Y/N was struggling to get out of hers. I walk round to her side and open the door. "You need help, love?" She nodded. "please." She muttered shyly. I smile and unbuckle her seat belt, before lifting her up to get her out the car. "thank you." She beamed and ran to Isla.

I was cooking some dinner, we were having macaroni and cheese, i made sure with Y/Ns mom if that was ok. "No Y/N, you play with that one!" I heard my daughter order. I roll my eyes, hoping that it was just gonna be a one time thing. Why'd she have to get my demanding ass genes?

When i was about to finish up I hear another order form my daughter. "No Y/N i'm the mother, you can be the dog." They are playing families. I'm not very familiar with it but i knew for a fact no one wants to be the dog.

"GIRLS DINNER!" I shout and I hear little feet pattering down the stairs. "Are you girls having fun?" I smile at them. Isla nodded, happily making me happy. But when i turn to Y/N, her eyes looked sad and nervous. I would be sad to if i had to play a dog. "You okay sweetheart?" I ask her, bending down to her height. "Mhm." She nodded. "Ok, you can come to me if you need something okay?" She nodded before Isla grabbed her hand and led her to the table.

"So Y/N, we are going to be watching-" "Hey wait a minute." I interrupted, seeing where that sentence was going. "I thought you said you both talked about the plans, Isla." I gave her a pointed look but she just groaned. "But I want to watch it." She pouted. "Well, does Y/N want to watch nightmare before christmas?" I look over at Y/N, who shrunk in her seat slightly. "I don't mind." She muttered. Isla grinned happily, pleased to get her way. "Yay! Mama, do you wanna watch too?" I smile and nod. "If that's alright with Y/N?" I turn to see the little girl nod.

"Ok, we are ready!" Isla yelled happily, all snuggled up under a blanket. I glared at her. "Isla... why hasn't Y/N gotten a blanket?" She shrugged. "She didn't bring one." I roll my eyes. "Isla, can i talk to you for a minute?" She whined but got up anyway.

"I do not like the way you are talking to Y/N and ordering her to do things. And you have to be polite, offer her a blanket." I told her sternly. "But mama-" "No, that's not how we treat friends. Now go give her a blanket, the poor girl is freezing and pick a different film, she definitely isn't thrilled with the choice. And ask her, agree on the film. Don't just decide." She huffed before stomping off to get a blanket.

I walk back into the living room to see Y/N won't some tears down her cheeks making me rush over. "Hey honey, what's the matter?" I cooed, bending down in front of her. "Miss mommy." She sniffled. I smile sadly, bringing her into a hug. "I thought you would darling. But it's okay. You know Isla missed me on her first sleepover but she stayed after finding out it's fun staying up when your not supposed to." I teased, poking her side making her giggle. "W-will you hold my hand in the movie, it's scary." I smiled and kissed her head. "We aren't watching this film."

"Found one!" Isla cheered, running in, seeing me hold Y/N. "What's wrong Y/N/N?" She frowns, running over and hugging her. "Nothing Isla, i'm happy." She grinned. Isla smiled too. "What should we watch?" I smiled at Isla, proud of her for asking.

"Umm barbie?" Isla grinned. "Mermaid tale?" She asked making Y/N quickly nod. I smile, finding the movie and putting it on.

after the movie

I look over to see both the girls out cold, both cuddled up to each other, making me chuckle.

I firstly pick up Isla and bring her up to her bed, kissing her head and tucking her in. "night night mama." She mumbled. "night baby."

I then go down and pick up Y/N, bringing her and the blanket she's wrapped in up the stairs to, and into the blow up bed next to Islas bed. I kiss her head to, "Night little one." She turned over, snuggling into her build a bear, it was a green frog. "Night night Scarly."