grandma - SJ

sad
reader is 16

Today is Christmas, sadly you couldn't spend it with your whole family. Though you're thankful my grandma lives around where you are filming so you can go and celebrate with her.

You leave the hotel you're staying at, presents in hand for your grandma. It was only a five minute walk but you put your headphones on.

When you got there, you had to place all the presents down in order to retrieve the spare key in her plant pot. You unlock the door, picking up the presents before heading in.

"GRANDMA! IM HERE!" You shout through the house. But you were only met with silence. "Grandma?" You ask, placing the presents down by the tiny tree you helped her decorate a couple days prior.

Walking through the house, you found her in bed. You chuckle. "Grandma, wake up, it's Christmas." You walk round to her side, seeing she was practically white. You shook her, but nothing. "Jeez, your cold. Grandma, are you sick?" You bit your lip and shook her again. "Please, it's not funny. Wake up." You beg, kneeling down and shaking her more violently. "Grandma!" Tears started building up in your eyes as you breathe quickened. "Please wake up, please." Sobs take over as you repeatedly chant 'please' to her.

You cried and cried as you slowly wrap your hands around her, laying your head in her chest. "Please come back, i still need you!" You cry, before screaming into her chest.

You stayed there for a few minutes before your phone started ringing. Scarlett. She's probably checking to make sure you got there safely. You pick up immediately.

"Hey honey, did you make it there alright? Oh merry Christmas!" Her voice sounded cheery.
"Scarlett!" You sob. "Baby, what the matter? what happened?" You choke up another sob. "Tell me sweetheart." She cooed. "Sh-She won't wake up! Scarlett please help me, she won't-" You interrupted yourself with another sob. "Oh- sweetheart stay there, i'm coming. I'm gonna phone an ambulance." She rushed out.

It only took a few minutes before you heard her burst through the front door. "Y/N?? My love where are you?" She shouted, trying to follow the sound of your cries. "Bedroom!" Scarlett immediately ran towards you, bringing you into her lap, letting you cry into her chest. "Ambulance is on its way baby." She murmured into your head, though she didn't think you heard her with your painful cries.

They did arrive, telling you both to wait in the living room. You kept your view on your grandmas now shut door, waiting for any news. It felt like hours until they walked out, your eyes filled with hope as they walk towards you. One shook their head as another muttered an 'i'm sorry'. They left to give you and Scarlett some time.

"Baby..." She muttered, seeing your emotionless face. You slowly turned towards her, your eyes brimming with tears once again. "Don't hold back, you can't ignore your emotions." Though she's a hypocrite because she kept her tears at bay. She never knew your grandma, but seeing you like this, on Christmas too, breaks her heart. "She cant be gone! We need to go save her. Scarlett-" Your voice cracked as you wriggled about on her lap. "Y/N-" "No! Scarlett let me go! We- We need to go help her." You cried. "Y/N!" She shouted a bit. You froze, and looked up at her. "I'm sorry, i'm sorry-" "No no, don't apologise baby. Just let yourself cry." She whispered, bringing you in tighter. "I want her back." You cried into her neck. Scarlett bit her lip, looking at the presents under the tree that now can't be opened by the one they were for.

After almost an hour, you were now just sat hidden away in Scarletts neck. She had started to slowly rock you, which called you down. She pulled you back, wiping the stray tears away from your cheeks and kissed your head. "How about we go back to the hotel and cuddle for the rest of the day." She suggested. You shrug and nod a bit before your eyes drifted towards the presents. "We can open presents when we get there baby." She smiled lightly. "B-but what about hers?" Your tone was filled with sadness which broke Scarlett's heart to pieces. "What do you want to do with them?" She asked, tucking your hair behind your ears. "Can we go to her favourite spot tomorrow and open them? I can show her what I got her." Scarlett smiled sadly and nodded. "We sure can."

The next day

"I also got you this cardigan. I saw it in the mall and it reminded me off you... so I bought it." You talk, showing the cardigan to the sky. Scarlett sat behind you, you were in between her legs, wrapped in her arms. "I'm sure she would've loved it." She whispered in your ear.

"I just wish she was here." You mumble sadly, turning round to bury your face in her neck. Scarlett could feel the tears dripping onto her. "Oh baby... i'm so sorry." She kissed your head, bringing you properly into her lap to rock you. "I'm lying on the moon. My dear, i'll be there soon..."