birthday - SJ

teacher scarlett
inspo - ScarlettsRomanoffs
Check them out, they are one of my fave authors! also hope you don't mind that i got inspo from your story <3
you are 8

You were very excited about today. It's your birthday. You turn 8 today! You weren't surprised however when the house wasn't decorated or that there wasn't any presents from your mom or dad. They did not like you.

But your friends however always make your birthday fun. So when you arrived at school, you had a big smile on your face when you see your friends with presents on their hands.

"Hey guys!" They all say hi. "Did you bring your present for Julie?" Sasha asked. Your eyebrows furrow. "No... her birthday is on Saturday." Sasha then spoke. "Yeah but she is going away in 2 days so we all thought we'd bring her present today." Your mouth made a small 'o'. "I'll bring it tomorrow than." You smile. Why is no one saying happy birthday to you?

"Do you guys know what day it is?" They all look confused. "It's Monday." Bryan replied. "Oh... thanks." They forgot.

All throughout the day, you kept your tears at bay. No one remembered.

It was now lunch though. Maybe they might surprise you? Wrong. Julie had brought mini cupcakes and you just had to go to the toilet to cry. It was bad but you brought the cupcake in with you. You can sing it to yourself.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Julie! Happy birthday to you!" Your friends all sang. You can still hear them.

"Happy birthday to me." You choked out. Tears made their way down your face as you blow out an imaginary candle.

You quickly wipe your tears when you heard the sound of a teachers footsteps. "Y/N? sweetheart are you in here?" It was your teacher. Miss Johansson. "Yep!" You put on your fake enthusiastic voice. "Darling, what are you doing in here? Why aren't you with your friends?" She bent down to be the same level as you. "I just needed the toilet." You smile. "Love, i can tell you've been crying." Miss Johansson smiled sadly. "Can you tell me what's wrong?" You shook your head. "Y/N please tell me what's wrong sweetheart?" Her soothing words made you cry again. Why does she have to be so nice? "Oh baby." She pulled you in for a hug and swayed you side to side. "It's gonna be okay sweetheart. Can you tell me what's wrong?" You sniffled before speaking. "My friends forgot my birthday." You sob out. "Aww darling."

She lifted you up into her arms and walked to her classroom. She sat you on her lap, as you cry into her shoulder. "Hey sweetheart." She cooed, bringing your head up to see you. "Mhm?" You sniffle, looking up at her. "How old are you now hmm? I bet you are a super big girl now." You giggle and shake your head. "I am 8 years old now!" Miss Johansson gasped. "Wow. How about I get some paint and we can make a pretty picture hmm? I know painting is your favourite." You squeal and nod before jumping off her lap. She smiled bridge getting out the materials.

"Look Miss Johansson! It's me and you!" You smile happily. Miss Johansson looked over and smiled widely before frowning. "Baby, why is your mommy and daddy in jail?" You bite your lip and place your drawings down. "Mommy and daddy aren't good. They don't like me." Your teachers eyebrows furrow before asking. "Why aren't they good baby? What makes you say they don't like you?" You clear your throat. "They don't pay attention to me. They put my drawings and toys in the bin. A-and sometimes they eat without me and don't give me food." You cry.

"Darling... why didn't you tell me sooner." She cooed softly, bring you into her lap. "I don't know." You whisper. "Well i'm going to make it better baby. You can come love with me! Just like your drawing!" You smile widely and wipe your eyes. "Like matilda!" She giggled and nodded. "Yes baby, like matilda!"