'You're okay' - NR

little reader
bit of background - reader just got kicked out the house by her toxic, manipulative and slightly abusive girlfriend and now is hiding from a battle that the avengers are trying to help.

You whimper, curling up tighter in the corner of the alley. You clutch your blanket, or as you call it 'blankey' tighter. It was so cold, bearing in mind that it is the middle of December. You are in nothing but wet and ripped leggings and a dirty hoodie. It was also pouring of rain, and sadly enough, you unfortunately picked an alley with no sheltering. Your wet hair clung to your head and neck as you shivered.

Your bag of clothes now soaked, even on the inside as it wasn't a good bag. You yelp when another explosion from near by went of. You were crying quietly, not wanting to be found by the bad men. You don't want to experience that again. (confused?) Well, back when you were 3, these men took you to this base. It was filled with scientists and weapons. Your parents worked there. You were brought there by them, you were trained to be an assassin, a weapon. You were tortured, starved and beaten for years. Then one day, when you were 11, they took you to a room. There was a man with a lab coat. He pricked you with a needle that made you black out. You woke up in a room, it was pitch black and a man through the speakers was telling you to focus. And that's when it happened. You produced fire.

Anyway, back to now. Your little space kicked in hours ago, before the battles, which didn't help. You were hungry and thirsty but had nothing on you and you felt to numb to move. The cold was biting at your skin. "I think they are all gone, checking for any civilians." A woman's voice was heard. You were looking down, but we're looking through your eyelashes onto to see a pair of combat boots heading your way. "I found one." She muttered into her ear.

"Hey are you hurt?" She crouched down besides you. "Nuh." You mumble shaking your head, embarrassment kicking in at your pronunciation. "Ok, well we gotta get going, do you need help up?" You shook your head. "Come on we got to go." She said more sterner. You let out a little cry. Your emotions coming out after bottling them up. There was something about the woman, who you haven't even looked at, that made you feel... safe? little?

"Hey hey hey, are you sure you aren't hurt?" She came a little closer. You finally looked up and gasped. It was the Black Widow. "Black Widow!" You nearly babbled. The redheads eyebrows furrows slightly at the slurred voice. "Yes, that's me. I'm going to help you up now." You look up at her with big eyes. "Carry?" She almost seemed taken back at the request. "Have you hurt your foot?" You think about it before nodding, if that's the only way she will carry you, then you have a 'injured' foot. "Okay, I will get you to a medic." She picked you up bridal style and you fought the urge to cuddle into her.

She got to a ship, full of other civilians and the other avengers. "We need a medic!" She called before placing you down. "I'll be back to check on you." A medic came and was confused when you were completely fine.

Natashas POV
"Umm, Miss Romanoff?" I turn to see the medic I received for the girl. "Is something wrong?" I ask, crossing my arms. "It appears there is nothing wrong with the girl..." I furrow my eyebrows and instantly made my way over to the girl who seems to be happily sitting there, kicking her legs back and forth.

"Why did you lie to me?" I ask sternly. She looked up, scared and shrunk back. "I-I dunno." Again, her words were slurred. "Are you drunk!?" She instantly shook her head. "No drink. Bad." I bent down next to her. "I'm gonna ask one more time okay?" I say more softly. "Why did you lie about injuring your foot?" She bit her lip. "Wanted up." Maybe I should get Banner. "I'll be right back."

"Banner!" He turned round. "Yes Nat?" I walk over to him and explained. "Ok, one question. Did she seem child like at all?" He asked, making me confused. "Well yeah a little, when I looked into her eyes, there was just so much innocence there too." I explained to him. "I think we are dealing with a little." He clasped his hands together. "Wait, she might be an age regressor?" I ask, making sure. "Maybe, you should go back out there." I sigh and head back.

The girl was now holding a soaking wet blanket like she was earlier. Okay, what do littles like? Candy, names. "Hey honey." I say gently. She tensed a bit before smiling at me. "Want some candy?" No, that sounded creepy. She nodded excitedly and climbed onto my lap making me freeze. I look over and see Banner holding 2 thumbs up. I sigh and relax my muscles to see her looking up at me with a big smile. "Choc-cho-" I chuckle. "Chocolate?" She squealed and nodded. "Ok, firstly we need to get you a shower and a change of clothes." She pouted and ran off. "Shit." I ran after her to see her running into a room, making me smirk. She's trapped herself.

"Come our come out wherever you are." I sang, whilst licking the door on my way in. She came out of her hiding spot and tried to open the door but whined when it never opened. "Noooo!" She cried when i took her hand. "Come on honey, you need to shower." She continued to cry whilst I stare helplessly until Bruce caught the corner of my eye. He was making a hand motions and mouthing 'pick her up'. I bit my lip and reached under her armpits and lifted her into my arms. She seemed to relax. "Guess she's yours now Nat?" Tony waltzed in, smirking. "What?" He stopped. "Haven't you heard? When a little holds someone like that, they have practically claimed them as their caregiver. No going back now red." He walked away. "That's a lie Nat, don't listen to him." Bruce chuckled. "Right. B-but i guess it wouldn't be so bad having a little around. You know?" I ask him. He smiled and nodded.

After yet another tantrum, she finally cleaned and got into new clothes when we got back to the tower. The avengers have all met her and let's say, she's already got everyone wrapped around her finger. "So, what we watching?" Tony asked everyone. "Ooo how about-" "Billie!" The little piped up from next to me. "baby, what's Billie?" I ask, pulling her into my lap and bounced her. "Billie!" She whined. Tony shrugged and typed up Billie. What came up was 'Billie Eilish: The worlds a little blurry.' "Meh." Clint tilted his head and Tony groaned. "No." Y/N, who i learned the name of, teared up. "Hey hey, no tears. We can watch it tomorrow." I shushed her. "Mkay." She agreed. "Dragon." She mumbled. "How to train your dragon?" I made sure I knew what she meant. "Yeah!"

"Bed time sweetheart." I cooed, lifting her up after about the 10th time she yawned and rubbed her eyes. "Natty." She mumbled into my neck. I chuckle. "Nattys room?" She nodded so that's where i headed.

"Ok sweetheart, close those pretty eyes." I whisper and kiss her head. "Ma-Nattys going to here when you wake up." She snuggled into me further as i curse myself for nearly slipping that name out, but it didn't last long until her little voice piped up from my chest. "Mama."