74: The Final Prance Among The Stars

Start from the beginning

Lumine made a faint scoff but didn't say anything else. Soleil smiled amusingly at this before redirecting her attention to the girl before her.

"Why'd you stop? You tired already?" Soleil mused.

"Hardly. But this is proven to be a waste of time," Stella said, "You will take me out of the Abyss once I've put you in your place."

"So you finally realized I'm more useful alive than in some fancy prison," Soleil smirked and shrugged, "But why would I do that? I'm still having fun here."

"Because even if you are unaffected by the Abyss, this territory is not very friendly towards you," Stella replied, "Sooner or later, any enemy you've made here will come and see you at your weakest. They won't let the chance to get rid of you pass."

"How funny of you. Wherever did you get the idea that I am weak as a formless soul?" Soleil mused.

"You cannot attack anyone unless you have a body. Did you not just say that earlier?" Stella replied. Soleil giggled sinisterly.

"No, honey," she said with glinting eyes, "I said I can't cause pain without a body to use. I can do lots of other things even as a ghost. Say...hehe...persuading someone to do a job for me."

"You, on the other hand, can truly do nothing in this situation. You may have my body, but you can't leave. Lumine and I are the only ones who would help you. However, judging from it, it seems the Abyss have set their sights on you, the Stargazing Savant of Liyue," Soleil smirked.

Stella's breathing hitched in restrained shock. Soleil smirked persuasively, "You're only chance out here is to bargain with me."

Stella scoffed. "I wouldn't take any chances with you. I've seen how you managed to put the Qixing in your debt a few times and nobody knows what you would do with a favor from them," she said, squinting her eyes in judgmental suspicion.

"Besides, I have a sense of higher purpose compared to you. I will make better use of the resources in your possession," Stella gathered condensing adeptal energy ready to combust, "The only thing left to do is see you gone and out of my way!"

She summoned a large serpentine dragon made of ice. However, its eyes were completely black, and dark veins ran around its body. Its aura was similar to translucent flames of black.

It let out a horrendous roar before thrashing towards Soleil. She dashed forward to avoid the frenzied attacks and gathered an Abyssal swirl in one hand.

Soleil then threw it towards Stella, the swirling orb turning into rays of luminous shadows. Stella warped away to avoid the attacks and reappeared further away.

She pointed a hand at Soleil, and the dragon howled. It began to shoot a large beam of ice at Soleil before she can run towards Stella.

Soleil's eyes narrowed before she sent out a flurry of the Abyss to override the incoming attack. The ice turned into chips of blackness, and the darkness continued to slither towards the dragon.

The dragon shrieked as it was drowned into the smoky corruption. When it cleared, the dragon's void eyes were glimmering with ominous violet.

It turned towards Stella, who gritted her teeth. She drew a diagram of adeptal scriptures above her, and the endless ceiling began to burst with a rain of ice.

I can't evade, Soleil thought warily while the glow of the rain reflected in her eyes. She made a pulling gesture and the dragon flew above her, serving as the shield before a barrage of ice crashed down on them.

Stella squinted her eyes on the debris before her. The smoke slowly cleared, revealing the damaged ice familiar she summoned.

Shing!