34(Moonchase): Different People, Different Tastes

Start from the beginning

Her eyes widened in realization. "Right! Why can't I ask the Traveller? Surely, he'll be able to help me out!" Xiangling said happily.

"The Traveller? He's here in Liyue?" Soleil asked surprisingly. "Yup! And he's very insightful, too! Paimon is also very particular to food so surely, they'll be able to give me some ideas," Xiangling said.

I thought he was in Inazuma, Soleil thought. But then again, she came across one of the waypoints in the harbor and thought he must have teleported over from another waypoint in Inazuma.

I need to learn how those things work, Soleil thought. She was able to master the flow of the ley lines when she first started studying Abyssal magic. Teleporting shouldn't be any different, should it?

That way, she can keep track of Lumine's actions. That plan of theirs is making progress...

"Since it's the Moonchase Festival, I'm sure he'll he able to pop by. I can ask for his help by then," Xiangling stated and pouted, "I just hope he won't be busy..."

"Hehe, I doubt he'll have the heart to say no to the best chef in the harbor," Soleil smiled, "Your food makes anybody's heart open up to you, you know?"

Xiangling giggled, "You're praising me again! Honestly, Soleil, I'm going to blush because of you!"

"You deserve it," Soleil patted Xiangling's arm, "Well, I better get going. Teucer must be bored waiting."

"See you later!" Xiangling waved. "I wish you the best on your plans, Xiangling. See you," Soleil said and left the restaurant.

Soleil then began to walk across the harbor. Decorative lanterns and large tassels hung from different establishments. And thanks to the theme of the festival, all types of food were being cooked and stoves of different houses were lit.

From sweet to spicy, fowl to seafood, and vegetables to meat, different aromas and spices wafted across the harbor, making any person look forward to the meals wholeheartedly.

But it wasn't just food that was the focus. Many other activities were set for the people to enjoy until the main event, Masterful Chefs, were to take place in two days' time.

Soleil sighed. She wished she could assist Xiangling, but she had other commitments, too–One of which had been lounging with Granny Shan near her stall while flying a kite that was shaped like a Ruin Guard.

Soleil had an ironic smile as she walked over. Javert stood beside the boy like a bodyguard or a steady tree, ensuring Teucer was safe.

"I'm here. Sorry I'm late," Soleil said as she approached. Teucer looked up at her and grinned, "It's okay, Miss Sunny. Granny and I were playing so I didn't get bored."

"Thank you for keeping him company," Soleil smiled at the elder. "The boy is very lively. I am only too happy to chat with him," Granny Shan replied.

"Hehe, that is true... Teucer, we're heading off now. Say 'thank you' to granny," Soleil told Teucer.

"Thank you, granny!" Teucer grinned. "My pleasure, my boy. Off you go now. Have a happy Moonchase Festival," Granny Shan smiled.

"As should you," Soleil said. She looked to Javert and smiled, "Let's go?"

"Yes, Miss Soleil," Javert bowed. He quietly followed after as Soleil lead the way to Chihu Rock.

They were only a few distances away from their destination when the loud blares of the guitar rang clear along with the explosive sparks that brought on the heat, literally and figuratively.

"Helloooo Liyue!" a confident and energetic voice caused echoes amidst cheers.

"Oooh," Teucer's eyes sparkled with curiosity. He tugged at Soleil's coat gently, "What's going on over there?"