Omniscius (The Opening Statement)

"If Knowledge is a fruit that should not be eaten, must we starve ourselves to die a guiltless death?"

Omniscius: Volume One
Know thyself, know thy enemy
(nosce te ipsum, cognosce inimicum tuum)

Mondstadt Chapter: Anamnesis Among The Dandelions"Chaining something that was meant to fly"

Mondstadt Chapter:
Anamnesis Among The Dandelions
"Chaining something that was meant to fly"

Mondstadt Chapter: Anamnesis Among The Dandelions"Chaining something that was meant to fly"

Liyue Chapter: Covenant of the Flickering Dust

"A promise lasting a thousand lifetimes"

Inazuma Chapter: Certitude of Hypermnesia"Recollection is the fog of perpetuity"

"Recollection is the fog of perpetuity"

Genshin lore is deep. Like really, really deep. As one of the many victims that fell into the rabbit hole, I can guarantee you that once you are invested, there is no end to the madness until miHoYo decides to silence you with the answers they may or may never give. It's quite frustrating, but I won't complain about it because why would I ಥ⌣ಥ

Aside from this sadistic treatment, everything else in the game is beautiful. The art, the characters-NOT YOU, GACHA-and the story are so well done, you would actually cry at some of the scenes. But among them all, it's the way the game presents its story by using secrets and occasional clues that got me good. It leaves lots of room for speculation and imagination.

That's how this story came into being. Based from what I've seen so far, there is very little emphasis on the lore so I took it upon myself to make my own food and bam. Things turned out very differently, and the story became its own thing.

There is seriously not enough canon compliance and lore emphasis out there and the clues are just waiting to be used for imagination. I know, there may be some of you who may not be plot-invested like I am and that is totally fine. This story is not for everyone either and the reasons why are listed below.

1. This story is rated mature. And when I say 'mature', there will be explicit content alongside instances of violence, sugarcoated manipulation, and internal conflict among characters. 'How much' of these depends on how much the story demands it.

2. Pacing. Just take a look at the list of chapters and you'll see what I mean lol. I update weekly and post two or more chapters. The number of chapters are long but I promise you, there is a reason for that and I still know what I'm doing.

3. Major spoilers. Timeline in the story is set after each respective story quests so if you're still playing the archon quests when you stumbled here, you've been warned.

4. Use of OCs. Putting OCs (original characters) into fanfics are controversial. I understand where it's coming from so I know this may not be your cup of tea. However, I will do my best to rectify the pain we all have been through and make sure the OC isn't a Mary Sue (I've been doing a rain check). The OC has a purpose for existing. She doesn't even have a real Vision, if that changes anything.

5. A crap ton of mysteries. If you've read the description well, then you have an idea why. The story happens post-archon quest so it will have its own plot and won't rely on the Traveller to do the job. The OC is a scholar as well and she is after the truths and mysteries around her. There will be lots of inferences and clues dropped across the paragraphs for future purposes. If you're just a person looking for simple things without wanting headaches for food, uh, you're in the wrong place hehe.

And that's it. I've said why you should and shouldn't be in this book. It's up to you if you're in on the ride or not. Let's just have some fun since honestly, this whole thing happened because I was thinking of whether Kaeya really lost an eye or what.

You're about to venture into Teyvat in the eyes of a person with a different outlook on this world. Travellers venture into the unknown, but scholars judge that which is already known.

Your ticket is the fruit that presents itself to you. Will you bite it or will you not?

Everything is up to you. :3

★★★