Chapter 541 - 542

Chapter 541 The commander is naughty again [1st update]

"How do you know?" Zhen Shuai observed the tree. Nearly half of the leaves were withered and yellow. Other than that, there was nothing special about it.

The leader said: "I can smell the smell of that tree is different from other trees. In short, you are right to believe me." Zhen Shuai understood clearly, it seems that the direction of his mutation is the sense of smell.

He pulled Shen Xingdu back and looked at the tree intently.

After about two minutes, dense red dots began to appear on the entire tree, followed by a dull explosion. A branch that had not been blown to pieces shot like a sharp arrow into the thick trunk of a big tree nearby; a passing mutated hare was cut open in the stomach by a piece of bark that burst out, and let out a scream. , fell to the ground and struggled desperately.

Others could not see it, but Zhen Shuai's eyes saw that the trunk, branches, leaves, etc. of the entire tree did not explode just once, but as if there were countless bombs hidden inside that were detonated at the same time, devastating and powerful.

It took five minutes for the broken leaves floating in the air to completely settle.

Shen Xingdu stared at the tree stump that was flush with the ground. The tree stump seemed to have been cut with a knife and was very smooth. "Shuai Shuai, the roots of the tree did not explode." He had ignored this in the past.

Zhen Shuai's eyes lit up, and Shen Xingdu's words opened up new ideas for him.

"Yes, why didn't the tree roots explode? If the tree roots underground also exploded, this area would definitely collapse." Everyone else heard their conversation, thinking that when they encountered plant explosions in the past, they never felt the ground

. There's something moving down there. They couldn't help but wonder why the tree roots didn't explode. Is there anything special about the tree roots?

Shen Xingdu's eyes glanced over the soil, "Maybe it's the tree roots, maybe it's the soil."

Commander Zhen nodded slightly, these two possibilities were the most likely.

He suggested to the leader: "You can report this matter to the leaders of your base, and they should find someone to study it." After that, he walked towards the crack again

.

Shen Xingdu followed slowly, his gentle eyes always falling on Commander Zhen.

Others looked at their backs, shook their heads, and continued digging. In their opinion, the two explorers were completely well fed and at leisure.

The hot breath hit his face, and Zhen Shuai adjusted his breathing with some discomfort.

"Xingdu, it seems that all the cracks are in similar condition."

"Yes." Shen Xingdu told him uneasily, "Don't get too close."

"I know." Zhen Shuai looked down, except that he could see blurry The fiery red fluid, or gas, has no obvious meaning.

"I dug salt!"

Someone shouted excitedly.

Zhen Shuai turned around.

A mutant in his twenties threw away the tools in his hand, squatted down beside the ruins, dug the hole with his hands, and carefully dug out half a bag of salt. The salt bag was broken, and some cement and lime debris got into it. But he didn't care at all, with an ecstatic expression on his face. The others looked at him with envy and sped up their movements.

"Be careful, don't spill it," the leader warned.

"Don't worry, boss." The mutant who dug up the salt chuckled, pulled two soft leaves from a tree that were larger than cattail fans, wrapped the salt, and put it into a large bamboo tube taken from mutated bamboo. inside.