46. Beautiful Dangerous and Free

Start from the beginning

"Hey. These are for you." he said, tossing them into my arms. Like they'd be for someone else. Well- no not really.

"T- thanks. Well, so what brings you here with flowers at-"

"Two thirty."

An old how I met your mother rang through my head. Nothing good ever happens after two am.

"Wow. Want to come in?"

"Sure." 

We sat on the couch, and I was slowly falling asleep. He wasn't saying anything, and this would be so awkard if it was anyone else, but it was Harry. it was comfortable.

Then a jolt woke me up. What was that? It was my phone. I answered it.

"Hey dear. How are you?"

"I'm goooooooohhd," I said with yawn.

"Go to sleep."

"Harry's here."

At the mention of his name, he perked up a bit, turning to me with renewed curiosity.

"Oh, is he?"

"Yeah, wanna go on speaker?"

I turned to Harry, who mouthed at who is it?

"Niall, want to go on speaker?"

"mmm yeah ok."

So I flicked it on, and scooted closer to Harry, who put his arm around me, which was a completely innapropriate move but it still made my heart flutter. You know, as I was on the phone with my husband.

"Hey Harry."

"Ey Niall. How are you?"

"I'm good, how are you?'

The casualties continued to the point where it was blithly maddening, my goodness.

"Can we talk?"

"Ye"

No"

"s"

"Oh, so what would that be?" I asked.

"I mean, we should, I just don't understand what there is to talk about."

"Ok, babe, talk to you tommorow. Night Niall."

"Hey wait is Harry still the-"

Beep.

I turned to Harry who was snickering slightly. My eyelids were so heavy now, and I'd have to deal with Niall tommorow, but right now I just don't want to have to deal with any of that.

I gave Harry a sideways hug, which resulted in me slowly drifting asleep, my head on his chest, hearing his heart beat. Bump, bump bump. Bump, bump bump. Bump, bump bump.

The next thing I know I'm in my bed, bleary eyed, too warm. I kicked the blankets off of me to reveal someone next to me, snoring contently. It was Harry. My head was pounding, but without the blankets it was a bit too cold, and somehow this logic got me cuddled up to Harry.

You have a husband. He loves you, you love him. NIall. What about Niall? Worrying in Los Angeles that his wife has run off. Poor thing.

I sat up, and moved to the window sill in the room. It was one of those big fat bay ones, so I splayed out a bit.

My brain was still jumbled up like a jigsaw puzzle thrown off the table. I dialled Niall. It rung. I remembered that since it was ten here, it would be two there. Take that.

"Mmmm what is it?"

"I'm sorry."

"For what Valerie?"

"For being a bitch. I just really, really miss you."

"Me too. Now let me sleep."

"Fine then. Ugh, I should've just gone with you."

"Babe. Good morning."

"Goodnight Niiiiiiiiiii-"

Ass.

I sat there, and flipped through pictures of Niall and Me, and the kids of course. Apple picking up in michigan. Beach days. Christmas times. Board games. Fires, in the fire place, and bon fires, and candles during power outages. Hopsotch and soccer going out of date. First dances. Valentines day. St. Patricks day, going downtown for the parade every year, watching the river getting dyed.

All these memories.

I turned to look at Harry sleeping, looking so innocent.

All those memories.

The museum, for starters. Sneaking me out of the hospital for starbucks. Nantucket, in general. Leaving for hong kong. Being the hot head he is. Saying things so stupid you can't help but laugh. Being stubborn and Naive, just like me. To be honest, we were very similar.

Scarily so, truly. We had similar habits and similar ish hair and the same attitude towards many things and we both were obnoxious and stubborn and naive but he was beautiful and dangerous and free. Maybe I was too. 

Only difference was that I was happy, and he wasn't.