4. Pinky promise

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Shout out! to @awesomeowly and 1D_onedream

for being the reason I write this as dedicatedly as I am.

BTW thanks for the vote :)

Who's kids are they?

XXXXX E XXXXXX

__________________________ 

So Liam stubbed his toe, and was convinced he broke it. No damage, just a split toenail. He had done it stumbling after Niall jumped on his back. 'We're not as young as we used to be,' he said.

I was supposed to move back to X-rays, but I told Yoko to go and do it. I didn't... it wasn't... I wasn't planning on seeing them again. It brought back unresolved conflicts and now bittersweet memories.

I could hear their conversation echo down the hall. Yoko didn't know who they were, or remember. I watched the clock tick, and told an old man that he had should go see Kendra down the hall in 331 for some stitches.

My shift ended, and I went to the locker room, changed, and exited the hospital.

"See you tommorow at eight, sharp." Said Ms. Mckinnon. 

"See you," I called over my shoulder. I waited until I knew I wasn't visable, clutched my purse to my chest and ran. I ran to my car, unlocked it, and opened the door.

"Wait!" Shouted Liam.

I stopped, and sighed. 

"What do you guys want?"

"Weee missed you!" Cooed Louis.

"Me too," I said.

"Can we see you again? And we aren't taking no for an answer, this is our last stop, and we will get a directory-" Rambled Niall.

"I don't live in the city."

"You have a bumper sticker for Lincoln elementry school. If I search that... there's one in Evenston."

"You caught me."

"So we will find your house. Or you can give us your adress now and get this over with."

"Oh, ok."

I tore out some paper and scribbled down 623 michigan avenue down.

"See you, whenever you pop by."

"Ok, Val."

I sat down in my car, closed the door, plugged the keys in and drove off. What had I walked into?

It was a relatively silent ride back, no traffic, just the bright glow of the streetlights, the hum of cicadas, and the orange sky from all the pollution dancing above. 

I parked on the street, dragged my feet up the steps, opened the door, locked the padlock (it wasn't the best neighborhood, but the best one I could get) and went up the stairs.

I stopped in Little man's room. I almost broke his lego set with his shoes, but I was wearing shoes so his lego set wouldn't break my feet. I went over to his sleeping body.

I stroked his hair for a minute, and gave him a kiss on the forehead. His chest rose up and down, his dinosaur pajamas from hannah anderson because his skin was so sensitive moving with it. 

I brushed the hair out of his face, offered him another kiss, and noticed the slight freckles emerging along his nose. Too cute to be legal.

I then went over to my princess's room, painted a pale, pale pink. It had a view of the pear trees, where the lanterns were still strung. I'd take them down tomorrow.

She was lying on her side, so I kissed the top of her head and rubbed her back a bit. I saw the discarded barbie with it's new angled hair cut and chuckled. This girl was too cute. 

I accidently stumbled over a soccer ball, and cursed my clumsyness. She was so good at soccer, she was on the third, now fourth grade team. She was in third grade now. So was he. Oh, I'm getting old. 27 with two eight year olds. 

I smiled as I remembered my birthday next month. Every year they made cards, and picked Mrs. Kelding's (with her permission- I hope) prized roses, and sang me songs. They made me breakfast with help from grandma. It was the most happiest days ever.

I went over to my little room. Cozy is what it was. I threw on a night shirt, and quickly settled in. I was out like a light.

"Mommy?"

I opened my bleary eyes, to be see Isa's eyes glowing in the light of the clock bearing the numbers 4:27 on them.

"I had a nightmare."

"Come 'ere."

I pulled her in, and she immediately snuggled into my side. I kissed her head. 

"What was it about?"

She made a sad face, and looked down at her knees.

"Well, you found daddy, and you ran away from Hemry and me, and grandma-"

Her eye's glistened with tears.

"died."

"Honey, grandma is a lot younger than most grandmas. She's not dying. And baby, if I went anywhere, I'd bring you and your brother."

"Promise?"

She looked up at me with my own eyes, her own eyes. The slight variation is she had a gold ring around the outer edge, giving it a faint green look. My father had that.

"I promise."

"Pinky promise?"

"Yes,"

And we locked pinkies, and with a contented smile, she turned the other way. I listened to her breathing get longer, and mine start to match hers.