Gala

Spencer's POV:

toby kisses down my neck, climbing on top of my bare body. he connects our lips again when i hear my phone ring elsewhere.

i feel him groan against my lips which causes me to giggle. "mm, tobes, that's aria's ringtone." i tell him, pulling back slightly.

"can't you call her back?" he asks, reconnecting our lips. i smile, pulling back again. "just one second." i smile, and he rolls off of me and sighs.

"hello?" i answer. "hi, spencer! my parents are holding a gala at the art museum tonight and they were hoping your family could come out to support it." aria tells me excitedly.

"that sounds so fun! i'll let them know. but don't worry, we'll be there." i tell her and she squeals. "dress up. it's going to be a huge event. everybody will be out there supporting my parents tonight." aria says.

"everyone else said they can come, i just need to call toby to tell him to join us." she says and i look over to toby.

"yeah, you should call him i think he's free." i tell her. "alright, thanks! see you tonight!" she says and hangs up.

for the past few months toby and i have been hooking up and seeing each other, but on the down low. my parents don't know about us, and neither do our friends. we don't want to make a big deal out of this.

"what did she need?" he asks, pulling me on top of him for another kiss. "you'll see in a second." i smirk, rolling off of him and he gives me a weird look.

and with that, toby's phone starts to ring.

"uh, hi?" he asks, confused. "toby, hey! so tonight my parents are having this gala and i was hoping you could go out and support it." i hear aria over the phone.

"i'd love to be there." he says. "thank you! see you at 7! dress nice!" she says excitedly and toby hangs up.

"wow, toby cavanaugh is going to dress up and go to a gala." i say teasingly, and he sticks his tongue out at me, licking the tip of my nose which makes me giggle.

"tobes!" i exclaim, wiping my nose. "sorry, you deserved it." he smirks.

"so, do you want to get ready here tonight and we'll go together? you know, as friends." he grins. "mm, i'd love to, but i need to go home to shower and then do my hair and make up." i say, putting my hand on his cheek.

"i have a working shower, you know." he smirks, raising an eyebrow and i roll my eyes and playfully shove his shoulder.

"aren't you funny." i say sarcastically.

"i should get going, i've been at your loft for 2 days now and we haven't done much out of the bed." i say and he smirks.

"please stay." he says, wrapping an arm around me and pulling me in closer to his bare body. "i want to, i really do, but i need to get ready." i tell him, our lips millimetres apart.

"please." he whispers, his voice barely audible. "stay with me." he whispers, slowly connecting our lips.

we kiss slowly, and he places a hand on my cheek, pulling me on top of him. "okay, okay, i'll stay. but only for an hour because i need to get ready." i tell him, giving into him very easily.

we continue to lay in bed for another half an hour, toby playing with my hair.

"toby, i really got to go home and get ready." i tell him, sitting up and covering myself with the bedsheet.

"but i don't want you to go yet." he whines, kissing my hand. "shower here. let's shower together." he suggests.

"you distract me so easily." i giggle. "you're just so irresistible." he smiles, cupping my cheek.