I Still Love You

Prompt: Spencer and Toby rekindle their relationship / this takes place in 7B \

Spencer's POV:

I'm sat on my couch in the barn flicking through the TV channels when there was a knock at the door. That's weird, I'm not expecting visitors. I turn the TV off and make my way over to the door.

Stood there looking a little lost was Toby, his face lighting up when he sees me. "Hey, can I come in?" He asks and I nod opening the door more so he can join me. He sits on the couch and I sit next to him.

I look over to him, waiting for him to say something. "How are you?" I ask trying to make conversation. "Great, and you?" He asks looking down at the floor. "Good, thanks." I say moving closer to him.

"Want to play scrabble?" I ask and he nods. "Yeah, I love that game." He laughs standing up, and I follow him. "Let's go get some drinks." I say and he nods, letting me lead the way. We walk into the kitchen, and I hop onto the counter.

"So will you finally admit that I'm going to beat you?" I grin as he opens the fridge, grabbing 2 beer. "No, because I'm going to win." He grins shutting the fridge door, and walking over to where I'm sat to.

He walks closer to me, laying the drinks down beside me. Before I realize what I'm doing, I wrap my legs around his waist, pulling him closer, so our faces are centimetres apart now.

"Toby, what are we doing? You're engaged." I say as he rubs his nose against my cheek. "That's the thing, I'm not anymore. Yvonne broke up with me, she found someone else." He says, looking a little broken.

"I'm so sorry." I say as he places kisses on my cheek. "Shh." He whispers connecting our lips in a kiss. We pull back, breathing heavily, shortly reconnecting our parted lips.

I know this is wrong, we both know this is so wrong. He just broke up with someone who cared deeply about him, and vice versa. It was so wrong to cope with sex.

It was an unhealthy coping mechanism, but even if it was so wrong, it felt so right.

"I've missed you so much." He mumbles as I wrap my arms around his neck. "Me too." I say as he lifts me up and walks to the bedroom. We're about to get into something we can't turn back from now.

This is it.

He lays me on the bed, and I remove my top as he removes his. He quickly reconnects our lips while unzipping my jeans and pulling them down his legs. After that I waste no time unbuttoning and pulling off his jeans as well.

He unclasped my bra and threw it somewhere on the floor, kissing me once again. There was one barrier left, that we haven't crossed in forever. He searched my eyes and I searched his, looking for any sign of hesitation.

But there was none.
His eyes reflected pure lust,
and pure adoration.
As did mine.

Before we could think, before we had the chance to say anything more, the final barrier had been removed, and crossed.

The next morning

I open my eyes to the light shinning through the window. I rub my eyes to see my head laying on Toby's chest, and both of us tangled in the bed sheets. I close my eyes again, just listening to his heart beat.

The sound could lull me back to sleep, it was calming. I breathe in his familiar scent causing me to smile. God I missed this.

I start kissing his neck and cheeks, waking Toby up. He looks down and our eyes lock. He smiles immediately.

"Good morning." He smiles. "Good morning." I respond kissing him sweetly. "Did last night actually happen?" He laughs and I do too. "I'm afraid so." I smile.

"God, I missed this. I missed waking up in your arms, I missed us." I tell him as he wraps his arms around me more protectively.

"You don't even know how much I've missed waking up with you in my arms, how much I've missed you waking me up with your kisses. I missed us too." He says with a grin.

"I know that you and Yvonne broke up yesterday, but I really want to fix us. I want us to work out again. I need you, Toby." I say.

"Spencer," he breathes. I love the way my name sounds coming from his lips, hearing his voice say my name is something else.

"I need to tell you the truth, it's been long enough." He says and I nod. "What is it?" I ask him.

"Well, um, Yvonne is pregnant." He says and I look into his eyes, he really looks broken. "But all along I thought it was mine. It isn't. That's what I meant last night when I said she found someone else. She cheated." He says.

"Toby, I'm so sorry." I whisper hugging him. "You're the only person I have, I thought coming to you would be the best decision. I know sex is a horrible coping mechanism but it's with you, and we're us." He tells me.

"Also, I never did stop loving you. Sure I like Yvonne, and I tried to push my feelings behind me the past few years, but I never loved her like I love you." He says.

"Love? Not past tense?" I ask and he shakes his head. "So, are you trying to tell me that...you love me?" I ask and he nods. "I really do love you. I always have, I always will." He smiles.

"Toby, I love you too." I say kissing him.

"So, do you want to fix us?" I ask. "Is that your way of asking me out?" He laughs. "Maybe." I giggle. "If it is, then yes, I'd love to." He smiles.

•••

This sucked.

Idk what to say but hey!

Comment thoughts ??