Stood Up

Spencer's POV:

"Hey, I'll meet you there at 6?" Liam asks. "Yeah, see you then." I smile hanging up. In about an hour, I'm going out on my first date with my boyfriend, who is the most popular guy in school.

We're going to this fancy bar/restaurant on the outskirts of town, so he said to dress nice. I put on a red dress with heels, do my hair and make up, and by that time it was 5:40, so I get in my car and drive off.

I reach the restaurant a bit before 6, so I sit at our table and wait. "Hi I'm Toby, I'll be your waiter." The waiter says with a smile, and I smile back, in awe of his eyes.

"You look nice this evening, someone special coming?" He winks and I blush. "Yeah, something like that." I say. "Can I get you anything while you wait?" He asks and I nod. "Uh, yeah. Some wine." I smile. "Be right back." He says and walks off.

A minute later he returns with my wine, and sits in the seat across from me in the booth. "I don't think this is part of your job." I chuckle looking over at him.

"I know, but we just met, and you're all I've been thinking about." He says and I blush. "That's sweet, but my boyfriend should be here soon." I smile sweetly and he leans back.

"It's 6:30, he's probably running late." I say fixing the bottom of my dress. "Well when you'd like to order, or if you need anything, I'm here until closing time." He smiles and I thank him.

I better call him, maybe he went to the wrong place by mistake.

"It's Liam, leave a message." The voicemail answers and I lay my phone down aggressively.

"Still no show?" Toby asks, scaring me. "You know, you never told me your name." He says sitting down again. "Spencer." I smile.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful girl." He tells me and I blush. "You know, you're really good at making people blush." I chuckle taking a sip of wine.

"Your girlfriend is one lucky girl." I smile and he smiles back. "Girlfriend? Oh, no." He says. "Oh sorry, I didn't mean it like that. You like, guys?" I ask and he chuckles.

"No, I meant I'm single, and to be clear, into women." He states and I chuckle, blushing again. "I'm such an idiot." I laugh. "No, it's fine." He tells me.

"You know, we've been talking here an hour, it's 7:30, we're closing soon." He tells me. "Yeah, it's fine. He- something must of came up. As usual." I sigh fidgeting my fingers.

"You know, maybe we can, get to know each other and I can take you out on a date, and I won't stand you up." He suggest standing. "Stood up? I wasn't-" I say before stopping.

"Oh my god, I'm such an idiot!" I exclaim crying. "I was stood up, he doesn't like me, he wanted to embarrass me." I say putting my face in my hands.

"No, Spencer, you aren't an idiot." He says, pushing me in the booth seat a little so he can join me. "Hey, look at me." He says wiping my tears.

"You're beautiful, you seem smart, you're funny. Any guy is lucky to have you, Spencer." He smiles and I do too. "Thank you, but this isn't right. I've been flirting with a waiter to avoid the truth, I was stood up." I tell him.

"It didn't bother the waiter at all, besides, everything he said was true." He winks. "Everything I said, I meant too. Like the compliments and stuff." I say and he chuckles.

"How about when we close, I keep you in and we have a real date, you and I. I'm close with the chef, he'll stay and cook." He suggests and I nod.

"Yeah, thank you, Toby. You really don't have to." I say before he interjects. "No, I mean it. I really like you, I assume you and Liam aren't dating, so that means the position of the boyfriend seems to be open?" He asks with a grin, making me chuckle.

"Yeah, that's right." I laugh. "I'll go speak with the chef, be right back." He tells me and I nod. I sigh, and look down at my phone. It begins to ring. I jump immediately and see it's Liam calling. My heart starts racing, but I decide to pick up.

"Hello?" I answer. "Hi, Spencer." He laughs. "How was your date?" He snickers, and I hear his friends laughing too. "You're a horrible person, Liam. You really hurt me." I say, my voice becoming weak.

"You really thought I liked you?" He laughs and I feel my heart break. "We're done." He says laughing and hanging up.

After a moment, I begin to cry, and Toby returns. "He said he'll- oh my god, are you okay?" He asks putting a hand on my arm and sitting next to me. "It was Liam, he broke up with me." I sigh.

"I'm sorry, you seemed crazy for the guy." He tells me and I nod. "Yeah, but it's okay, I think I found someone much better." I smile looking up into his eyes.

"Do you mind..?" I ask leaning in closer and he shakes his head. I lean in, and press my lips gently against his. "Let's start over." He smiles standing.

"Toby Cavanaugh." He says reaching his hand out. "Spencer Hastings." I reply shaking his hand, and then he grabs my hand and kisses it.

"Pleasure to meet you." He smiles. "Is this seat taken?" He asks and I shake my head laughing. He sits next to me, and smiles.

"Wow, you're absolutely beautiful." He tells me and I blush. "If only I could tell you how many times I heard that tonight." I chuckle.

•••

awww!? I tried to be cute lol

Lowkey think I wanna make a separate spoby story with this plot??

Comment thoughts??