Christmas with the Cavanaugh's

Spencer's POV:

"Are you sure?" I sigh. "Well, okay, Merry Christmas to you too." I say hanging up and walking back into the living room where Toby is sat on the couch. "What did your mom need?" He asks flicking through the tv channels. "They're snowed in. No flights are coming or leaving. So they won't be spending Christmas in Rosewood." I tell him.

"So we aren't going there for Christmas this year?" He asks as I sit on the arm of the sofa. "I guess not. I mean, we can always visit your family. Your dad did invite us." I tell him handing him the phone. "No way, we can cook a little turkey, and celebrate here." He suggests.

"That's kind of lame, Toby. Just the 2 of us celebrating Christmas together. It's about love and family." I tell him. "Have you met my step mother? She's the opposite of love." He tells me. "Yeah, but your dad is coming around to the idea of us, he wants to get to know us, and you haven't had a real conversation with him in forever." I tell him and he sighs.

"I know," he sighs looking at me. "Okay, fine. I'll let him know we're coming. I'm gonna continue to apologize in advance though for my crazy family." He says leaving the room to make a phone call.

I fall back onto the couch and sigh. I mean, how bad can it be?

December 25th, Christmas Day

"Merry Christmas!" I say kissing Toby. "Merry Christmas." He replies with a smile, and then hugging me.

"We better get ready to leave for Rosewood. We gotta be there by 1." I say getting up. "So we're actually going?" He sighs following me to the closet. "Toby," I say looking at him.

"I know you're afraid that Jenna will be as rude as before, your step mom will make a hurtful comment, or your cousins will hate me, but I don't care what they think, and nothing they say makes me love you less. They may be crazy, but they're your family. Plus it's Christmas." I smile kissing him.

"I knew there was a reason I'm gonna be marrying you." He grins hugging me. "Okay seriously, let's get ready." I say.

Toby's house, Rosewood (12:17 pm)

"We're here awfully early." I say as we sit in his truck in his driveway. "Come on, you can do it." I smile stepping out and he follows. We knock on the door and wait 5 minutes before there's even an answer. "Toby what are you doing knocking? It's your house!" His dad says pulling him in for a hug.

"Mr. Cavanaugh." I say reaching my hand out for him to shake it, but he pulls me in for a hug. "Merry Christmas, Spencer." He says and I give Toby a confused look and he shrugs. "You too." I say. "Call me Daniel." He says and I nod.

"Oh my god, is that an engagement ring?" Daniel's eyes widen and Toby nods. "Um, yeah. She's going to soon be a Cavanaugh." He says slightly blushing. "Congratulations!" He exclaims. "Here, your family is waiting for you down the hall in the living room."

He escorts us to the living room, and when everyone sees the two of us they share polite smiles and compliment Toby.

"Who's the girl?" Toby's aunt Julia asks. "She's my fiancée, thank you very much." Toby says taking a seat on the couch, and I sit down next to him.

"Wow, Nana you were wrong, the freak did settle down." His cousin Andrew snickers and his other cousin Lacey slaps his leg. "Dude." She says and I sit their awkwardly.

"Spence I'm gonna find my dad and talk to him. Are you sure you'll be fine here?" He asks me and I nod. "Yeah, go ahead." I smile and he walks off to the kitchen.

"So, Spencer, is it?" His uncle Henry asks and I nod. "You from here?" He asks. "Yeah, I live a few streets away." I smile. "I'm Veronica and Peter Hastings daughter." I say and I immediately regret it.

"Are you kidding? I hate them!" Lacey exclaims. "Yeah, they think they're so perfect." Henry scoffs. "Well now we know he's marrying a rich, perfect, daddy's girl." His aunt says and the room bursts with laughter.

"Excuse me, I have to use the bathroom." I say, not being able to take their insults anymore. I don't dare think of going to get Toby, because a 'normal' conversation with his dad is long overdue.

Toby's POV

After a conversation with my father that went pretty well, I return to the living room and scan it for Spence. "Has anyone seen Spencer?" I ask. "She went to the bathroom 30 minutes ago." Jenna says.

I run out of the room, and down the hall. I look through every room downstairs, but can't find her. I run upstairs opening every door to see where she may be, and find her laying on my bed, looking through my old books.

I smile watching her read peacefully, and seeing her smile every now and then.

Spencer's POV

"I've been looking for you everywhere." I hear someone say, and turn around to see Toby at the door. "Oh, hey. Sorry they can be-" I say before he finishes my sentence, "exhausting?" He smirks and I nod.

"Come join me." I grin patting the spot on the bed next to me and he lies down with me. "I found one of your old books, a journal actually, and decided to read it." I tell him and he blushes. "I even read a few stories about me." I grin and he groans.

"I knew I should of gotten rid of that." He says and I laugh. "No, it's cute." I smile continuing to read them. "How about.." he smiles taking the book from me and tossing it on the floor. "We talk for a bit before we have to go back down in the place I'll refer to as hell." He says and I nod.

"I'm sorry for bringing you here. I knew this was a bad idea." He tells me. "It's fine, they basically insulted me and my family, but I'll live." I chuckle and he glares at me.

"I'm serious, Spence. It may not bother you but it bothers me that they don't like you." He says. "Toby, I love you. And I love that you have the need to please your family." I say kissing him.

"This wasn't so bad, Toby. They could of all been murderers. Look at the plus side." I say and he laughs.

"I love you, Spencer Hastings. Merry Christmas." He says kissing me.

•••

This is terrible but oh well :)

I'm getting worse at making these sorry

Comment thoughts?