Thunderstorms

Prompt: Spencer never liked thunderstorms, so Toby keeps her company while the storm goes on.

Spencer's POV:

Ever since I was little, I hated thunderstorms, they scare me so much. When I was little I'd hide under my bed, with tons of blankets, pillows and teddy bears to make sure I was safe. That would be the only way I could sleep, where my parents were normally out for conferences and my sister probably didn't care. As I got older I tried to drown the sound out with movies but I'd always end up taking my old teddy bears out, and then cuddling into blankets and pillows.

I'm sat at Toby's watching tv, when it starts pouring rain. I look outside, and the wind starts to pick up. I quickly close his curtains and try to stay calm. Toby went to the store for somethings we needed, and I told him I'd wait here. After a few minutes I couldn't bear the noise of the rain beating on the windows, so I decide to call Toby and see where he is. After a few rings, he picks up. "Are you okay? I know you hate thunderstorms." He says as soon as he picks up. "I'm scared." I whisper shyly.

"I'm on the way home, don't worry. I love you." He tells me and I smile a little. "I love you too." I respond and hang up. I pace back and forth around the loft patiently waiting for him to come home. At that moment there was a loud bang, which sounded like it was right above the loft. I jump and run for his bed. I sit underneath his blankets until I hear the doorknob turn. I run out to the door to see Toby stood there soaked with bags in his hands. He lays them on the counter and I immediately jump into his arms.

"It's okay." He whispers stroking my hair and I hold on tighter, not caring that I getting wet. "How about you put my pyjamas on and crawl into bed, so we can watch a movie or something?" He offers and I nod slowly letting go of him. As we walk into his room I look back reassuring he's still by my side. "I'm here I promise babe." He says grabbing my hand and giving it a little squeeze. I go through Toby's closet and find an oversized shirt that I like. I remove my jeans and tank top, replacing it with just his shirt.

He smiles taking off his shirt and jeans, replacing it with jogging pants. I crawl underneath the blankets on my side of the bed again and Toby joins me. I clench onto the sheets, pulling them up to my face as the sound of thunder rumbles through the sky and lightning strikes. I slowly move closer to Toby, and he wraps his arm around my shoulder pulling me in closer. "You're safe with me." He whispers kissing my cheek. As Toby's playing with my hair, a loud crack rang through his loft. I jump in fear, right on Toby's lap.

He holds me closer so my back is against his front. He quickly turns up the movie, trying to drown out the heavy winds and raging storm outside. With every loud bang I clench onto Toby tighter. "I'm here, I'm not going to let anything happen to you." He reassures me and I loosen my grip on him a little. Without realizing it, I fall into a deep sleep, completely relaxed in the arms of Toby.

A few hours later, a loud bang was heard right over the loft, waking me up. I jump in fear, looking around to see I'm still in Toby's arms. I sigh trying to move closer, even though I'm already as close as can be. I try to fall back asleep, but I just can't. "Toby?" I say shaking him lightly. "Yes baby?" He mumbles sitting up. "I'm scared, I-I can't sleep because of the storm and I need you to hold me." I say as a tear falls down my cheek.

"I promise Spence, nothing will hurt you when you're with me. But of course I'll hold you." He says kissing my head. He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me really close, and I rest my head against his chest. "I love you so much." He smiles. "I love you too." I respond. "Go to sleep babe." He says and I close my eyes once again.

The next morning, I wake up to see I'm still in Toby's arms, and the rain is twice as heavy. I try turning on the lamp, but it didn't work. I looked to see the digital clock wasn't on either. The power must of went because of the storm. I grab my phone, and see that basically all of Rosewood has no power and flood warnings. I lay my phone back down, and Toby's goes off. I pick it up to see Caleb had texted him; "Want to come over and watch the game?" He had asked.

"Toby, Caleb texted you." I whisper lightly shaking him. He groans and rolls over, dragging me with him. I giggle and let out a little squeal. "Good morning." He smiles kissing me. "Morning." I respond trying to hand him his phone. "You answer." He tells me closing his eyes. "What do I say? He asked if you wanted to watch the game at his place." I tell him. "Tell him I wanna be with my girl." He says closing his eyes again. "I'll just answer with that, but I'll thank him for the offer." I chuckle.

I then reply to Caleb, pretending to be Toby; "hey Caleb, thanks for the offer but I'm with my girl." And hit send. I mute his phone, lay it down and return to cuddling with Toby. He's not facing me, so I climb over him and lay so my nose is touching his. I kiss him and he opens his eyes. "There are flood warnings everywhere and the power's out." I tell him running my fingers through his hair. "That's perfect, now I can just lay here with you." He smiles pulling me back into him. "Sorry for being so scared." I apologize.

"Don't apologize, I love knowing I make you safe." He replies kissing my head, and I take in the warmth given by him.

I seen many Ezria one shots like this so I wanted to make a spoby one.

So it's official, I ended my treegan fanfic! ): but I still need a new story idea,(for a spoby fanfic) so please let me know if you have any!!

Comment thoughts?