The Date

part 2 of 7 minutes in heaven! :)

Spencer's POV:

Saturday

I wake up feeling a little tired after Jenna's party, and maybe even a little hungover.

I groan, reach to grab my phone and squint my eyes at the bright screen. I have a missed call from my friends, probably wondering where I went, and a missed text from Aria.

I open the text, and it says "where'd you go??? I can't believe it was you and not Alison!"

I scoff, shaking my head and look at my clock. The clock reads 12:43 PM.

This is the final Saturday left of summer, so I was thinking I should invite the girls over to have our annual sleepover in my barn.

That's when a thought crossed my mind. A person, to be exact.

His name is Toby. Toby Cavanaugh. To be quite honest, he is pretty attractive. But has the reputation of, well, an ass.

His friends include Sean, Caleb, and Noel.

The infamous Noel Kahn is the known ass/jock in Rosewood, and anyone who is his friend, was more than likely seen as that too.

But he seemed to be nice yesterday, I think.

It's kind of hard to tell when the two of you have had a bit to drink, and both wanted the same thing from each other.

Well, either way, I want to see him again today. Besides, he owes me a proper date.

I pick up my phone again, and pull up Toby's contact in iMessage.

"Hi Toby, it's Spencer. I had a great night with you. Are you up for the date you owe me?" I type, and then hover my finger over the 'send' button.

I take in a sharp breath, and decide to hit 'send' anyway. I sigh, laying my phone on the bed next to me.

I close my eyes for a minute, and then my phone buzzes. I scramble to grab it, and smile when Toby's name appears.

"Hey Spencer! I'd love to go out on a date with you today. I was thinking the old fashion dinner and going back to my place? ;)" -Toby

I look down at the text, smiling widely as I re read it.

"That sounds perfect, Toby. Any idea when and where?" -Spencer

I hit send, get out of bed and begin making it when my phone buzzes almost immediately after I sent my previous text.

"If you want, we can skip the diner and fast forward to the part where we're at my house ;)" -Toby

I look down at my screen, smiling and shaking my head.

"Very funny." -Spencer

I finish making my bed, when 2 texts come in. Both from Toby.

";)" -Toby
"I was thinking this place in the middle of town. The Apple Rose Grille. Is 5 okay?" -Toby