Single Mother

Spencer's POV:

My life definitely isn't perfect.

At 16, I found out I was pregnant. I told my parents who kicked me out, and then I told the father, Wren Kingston, and he didn't want anything to do with me or the baby.

Fast forward 2 years: I just graduated high school, and I have a healthy baby girl Bella Hastings, who just recently turned 2 years old.

I've done everything myself, because everyone left me. Even my friends ditched me because I was the pregnant whore in 10th grade.

Thankfully, I graduated high school in the top of my class, as expected, and manage to work shifts here and there at Starbucks while managing my own hectic life that includes Bella and I.

"Spencer, can you wait on table 4 please?" I hear my colleague Lily yell out. I groan and walk to the table with a notepad in hand.

"Hi." I say, opening my notepad, not bothering to look at the customer. "I'll have a coffee." He says, and when I look up my heart begins to race.

I get nervous, and begin scribbling down his order. "I'm Toby." He smiles, and I smile back, butterflies forming in my stomach.

"I'm Spencer." I reply, pointing to my name tag with a nervous chuckle. "What a beautiful name." He flirts, making me blush. "Thank you." I grin, closing my notepad.

"I'll grab your coffee." I tell him, and I quickly run behind the counter. I prepare his order, and return within minutes.

"Thank you. I know you're working, but want to sit?" He asks with a smile. "Um," I say, glancing at my watch. "What the hell." I tell him, sitting in the chair across from him.

"So, tell me about you." I say, and he sips his coffee. "Well I'm a Biology teacher at the nearby high school, I'm 22, I'm single, I love to write music, and play guitar." He grins and I smile back.

"And you?" He asks and I sigh. "Well, usually this is the part where guys leave.." I sigh, and he glances at me. "Please don't tell me you're a killer. I thought this was going so well." He says and I giggle.

"No," I giggle. "But the thing is, I'm a mom." I tell him and he sighs. "Oh," he manages to say.

"Yeah. I kind of got pregnant in 10th grade, I just graduated, and I have a little girl who's 2: Bella. I'm a single mom, the father knocked me up and didn't want anything to do with us. My parents kicked me out, and my friends even ditched me." I tell him and he gives me a look of love.

"Spencer," he sighs, holding my hand. "I'm so sorry. But that doesn't scare me. That won't drive me away. We only just met and I really like you. Thank you for telling me that." He smiles and I smile back.

"Spencer! What did I tell you about taking random breaks?" I hear Lily yell and I roll my eyes. "I have to go. Here's my number..." I say, writing it down on a piece of paper in my notepad.

I tear it off, and hand it to him. "I hope to hear from you." I smile, continuing my job.

--a few months later--

"I'm really nervous, Spence." Toby says as my hand touches the doorknob. "Don't be, Toby. Bella's going to love you." I smile, kissing his cheek.

For the last few months Toby and I began dating. And today, he's finally going to meet my daughter.

I open the door, and I hear footsteps approach the door. "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" I hear a little girl yell for a minute before she actually reaches me. I kneel down, and she runs into my open arms.