Mother's Day

Prompt: Toby plans some Mother's Day surprises for Spencer as they celebrate with their 3 year old girl.

(Just because today is Mother's Day in Canada)
PS: the bolded part is an edit I remade from Dani's acc ;) omgitsspoby !

Toby's POV:

I set an alarm for 8:00 AM so Sophie, our 3 year old, and I can prepare the gifts and bed in breakfast for Spencer. I slowly throw the blankets off of me and walk out of the room, shutting the door behind me. I walk over to Sophie's room, and she's sat down playing dolls. "Good morning baby." I smile as she runs towards me with open arms. I hug her tightly and kiss her head. "Ready to make mommy happy, princess?" I ask her and her little face lights up. "Mommy deserves everything! What did we get her again?" She asks and I chuckle.

"You made her a card, remember?" I remind her. "Oh yeah. Where is it?" She asks and I point to her dresser. She runs over to it and picks it up. She hands it to me and I happily take it. We walk out to the kitchen hand in hand, preparing to make some breakfast for Spence. "So what do mommy want?" Soph asks me. "Well we're going to make her toast, pancakes and eggs." I tell her, sitting her on the counter. "Remember what happened last time you tried to cook, daddy?" She says crossing her arms. I smile as I remember last Christmas Eve, when I attempted to make pancakes.

Smoke filled up the house and every pancake was burnt. "Don't worry sweetie, I got it this time." I say laughing. The both of us make breakfast, and around 9:30 AM it's all finally finished. "Want to go wake up mommy?" I ask with a smile and she nods, running towards our room. I follow her carefully handling the tray.

Spencer's POV:

"Mommy! Wake up!" I hear Sophie yell. "What is it?" I ask sleepily. "Happy Mother's Day!" I hear Toby and Soph call out. Once my eyes adjust to the light, a smile is present on my face. "Wow, thank you both so much. You didn't have to do this." I smile pulling Soph on top of me for a hug. "I did most of it, I had to make sure daddy didn't burn the food." She says and I laugh. "Well thank you." I giggle running my hands through her curly hair. Toby lays the tray on my lap and kisses my cheek.

"Happy Mother's Day." He whispers in my ear and I smile. After I finish eating my breakfast, Toby puts the tray in the kitchen and they both run back with gifts. "Mommy open mine first!" Soph squeals pushing the card in my face. "Okay, okay!" I smile taking the homemade card from her. "How cute is this?" I smile showing Toby. "Happy Mother's Day to the best mommy ever. I love you." I read out what she had wrote. "You'll always be my princess." I smile kissing her. "Thank you very much." I say hugging her and laying her on my lap.

Toby passes me a card with a sweet poem, and also tickets. "What are these for?" I ask. "Read the sticky note on the back." He smiles. "We're going to Paris?" I choke out in disbelief. He nods continuously and I cover my mouth with my hands, letting a few tears fall. "How did you manage to afford this? This must be so expensive." I say kneeling on the bed. "Spence, relax. I promise it all works out. Plus it's only me and you going, Sophie is staying here with the girls." He tells me and hugs me. "Thank you, so much." I say kissing him.

"Ew!" Sophie squeals covering her eyes, and both Toby and I laugh. Toby lies next to me in bed and I lay Sophie in between the both of us. "Want to watch a movie?" I ask her as I comb my fingers through her curly hair. "Can I go pick it out?" She says excitedly sitting up. "Don't be too long!" I say as she runs off. "I love you." Toby whispers in my ear as soon as Sophie is out of sight. "Oh that's what you were waiting for.." I tease him with a smile. He kisses me and then quickly climbs on top of me, trailing the kiss down my neck.

"Mommy what about Tangled?" Soph yells out, starting to run back into the room. Toby quickly throws himself off of me, and lies next to me. I wipe my lip quickly as well and sit up to assist Soph onto the bed. "I love that movie, what do you think?" I ask Toby. "I love princess movies." He says making Sophie laugh. "Daddy's a princess!" She chants over and over again, making Toby blush. "She's 3, what harm can it do?" I tease. "That everyone thinks I'm a princess." He exclaims.

"So can we watch it?" She asks excitedly and I nod. She puts the movie and and sits right between Toby and I again. She cuddles up into me, and Toby moves in closer. "This is the perfect Mother's Day." I smile kissing her head and Toby's cheek.

-

When the movie's over, I look down to see Sophie fast asleep in my arms. "Here let me put her in her own bed." Toby smiles taking her from me. A few minutes later Toby comes back and shuts the door. I sit up and move closer to the edge of the bed so I can pull Toby into me by his shirt. "Come here." I whisper huskily pulling him on top of me. We move back so my head is on the pillows, and he continues to kiss me. I pull his shirt over his head, and unbutton his pants. I get the chance to pull his pyjama pants off, so I do. He then quickly removes my short shorts and loose tank top.

"I love you so much." He whispers pulling the blankets over us.

( after their time alone )

"Well, that was a great gift." I chuckle putting my leg across his body, and he kisses my head. "It's been awhile, well, since Sophie didn't interrupt us..." I say running my hand down his chest. "I wish we can just lay like this all day." I smile as he pulls me closer. "Yeah me too. Should we get maybe get dressed just in case Sophie wakes up?" He asks. "We used to sneak around all the time to do this, I can handle it." I smirk kissing him. "Oh I remember the sneaking around, the secret dates, and secret spot." He chuckles.

"So many secrets." I chuckle as he runs his hand up and down my arm. "Toby can I tell you something?" I ask with a smile. "You aren't cheating are you?" He asks jokingly and I hit his chest laughing. "I wanted to thank you." I smile sitting up, and pulling the blankets over my chest. "For what?" He asks sitting up as well. "For being apart of my life. Thanks for being my scrabble buddy, my alpha male, my carpenter, my cop, my protecter, my safe place to land, my best friend, my once upon a time, my lover, and most importantly; my everything." I smile.

"I love you so damn much, I'm glad I'm all of those things to you. I hope you know you're my scrabble buddy, my smile, my smart wife, the love of my life, my other half, my safe place to land, my best friend, my once upon a time, and my everything." He says and I smile. "You're so amazing." I tell him stroking his cheek. "Mommy! Daddy!" I hear Soph yell. "It's time to relive the high school days." I smirk jumping out of bed. "Yes sweetheart?" I yell putting on my panties. "I wanna play dolls! Come on princess daddy!" She chants as the doorknob turns.

I quickly pull on some shorts and a tank top. "Daddy just went to use the bathroom, how about I help you set them up." I say pushing her out of the room before looking back and smiling at him. A few minutes later Toby comes out of our room, fully dressed. "It's about time, Princess Toby. We can't wait forever, even if you're in the royal family." I tease and he fakes a laugh. He picks me up and spins me around as I cling on to him. "I'll let you two play." I smile as he lays me down.

"I love you two." I say before walking out of the room to grab something to eat. "Love you mommy." Soph yells. "Love you babe." He grins.

Happy Mother's Day to those who celebrate, hope you enjoyed! :)

Comment thoughts ??