Snow Storm

Prompt: A huge snow storm comes, causing Toby to have to go out in the cold and shovel, Spencer wanting to go help. (Not sexual)

I wake up to the sound of the wind beating on the window around 3 am. I sit up as much as I can because Toby has his arm wrapped around my waist securely. I peek out the window and see that the previous night we got 40cm of snow, now it's blowing around making areas worse and making it look like more than enough snow.

"Morning already?" He asks looking up into my eyes. "No, sorry, the wind woke me up, I shouldn't of waken you." I apologize before he sits up. "It's fine, I'll have to go out and shovel later though." He says yawning. "I'm gonna try and go back to sleep Tobes, it's 3:00 AM." I tell him ruffling his hair a little. "Come here." He whispers pulling me in his arms.

He kisses my forehead and wraps his arms around my body. I close my eyes blocking out the sound of the wind, and listen to the sound of his heartbeat.

7:30 AM

I begin to shift around 7:30 AM, and look to see Toby soundly sleeping, his arm lazily thrown over my stomach. I stroke his cheek with my thumb and place a kiss on his forehead. His eyes meet mine and a smile grows on his face. "Morning already?" He asks with a grin, and this time I nod. "Yes, it's settled down a bit. The wind is finally gone." I exclaim.

"But the snow isn't." He laughs sitting up. "I'm freezing." I say shivering, looking out the window of the loft. I slept over to Toby's the past few nights because we're on Christmas holidays, my parents went to Philly Boxing Day, and Toby finally hasn't been working. I'm currently wearing his shirt, and he's wearing plaid pyjama pants.

"I should get up and go outside." He says leaving bed to get ready. We both get up, he puts on some jogging pants and a sweatshirt while I wear leggings and one of his shirts. He puts on his snow pants, a warm snow coat, a hat and some gloves. "I'm going to go shovel so we can go out for breakfast at that pancake house you love." He smiles kissing my cheek.

"Let me help at least!" I beg grabbing his arm. "Let the man do the work." He winks walking outside into the cold. I put on my winter boots after my snow pants, putting on a heavy winter coat along with gloves, a hat and a scarf. I follow him outside with a shovel. "What are you doing Spence?" He asks walking over to me. "Helping." I say starting to shovel.

"I can do it, don't overwork yourself." He says patting my shoulder. "I just want to show you I can do it." I whine. "But I know you can, you don't have to prove that." He smiles taking the shovel from my hand. "Go back into the warm, I'll be in soon and we can cuddle before going out." He says kissing my cheek once again. I sigh and walk away, when I stop in my tracks.

I smirk as I roll a snowball into my hands and launch it in his direction as he shovels. It hits him in the back of the head, he turns around with a smile on his face. He drops the shovel, balls up some snow and throws it in my direction, smacking my chest. "It's on!" I yell throwing back some snow. He totally forgets about shovelling, and we end up having this snowball fight.

Eventually I tried to run off because he kept hitting me, but when he caught up to me he spun me around in his arms and kissed me. It's hard for me to accept defeat, but I love him too much to argue. "Want to go to that pancake house?" I giggle looking at the un shovelled driveway. "I think we should cuddle or something first." He says picking me up and running inside.

"I love you." I smile as he lays me down inside. "I love you too." He smiles back helping me get my snow clothes off. "Want some hot chocolate?" He asks me. "I'd prefer coffee." I chuckle and so does he. "2 cups of coffee coming up." He smiles.

If you have prompt ideas message them to me or comment them! Xoxo

Comment thoughts??