Carnival

Spencer's POV:

"Are you going to the carnival tonight?" Aria asks me excitedly as we walk towards our locker. "I don't know," I say, unlocking the locker and putting my books in there.

"Come on, Spence!" She whines. "You all have dates, and I have no one. I'll be alone the whole night." I shrug. "I can get you a date," she smirks, pointing to my crush, Toby Cavanaugh.

"Aria," I blush, lightly shoving her. "Come on, he wouldn't ever go out with me." I say, looking over at him talking to his friends.

"You won't know until you ask." She says, nudging me. "I can't, that's crazy." I say, and he turns to face us so we quickly turn, pretending we weren't staring at him.

We look back over, and notice he's approaching us. "Hey, Spencer." He smiles as he approaches us. "Aria, can we have a minute?" He asks and she nods, walking away with a huge grin.

My heart is beating out of my chest as I lean against the locker. "Follow me," he says grabbing my hand. I let him hold my hand, walking with me down the hall and he walks into an empty classroom.

"I was wondering if you could, uh, tutor me in French again." He says, shutting the door. "Oh, yeah. Of course. When do you want me to tutor you?" I smile, leaning against a desk.

"Tonight?" I ask him. "I think I'm going to that carnival tonight." He says, and I nod. "How about tomorrow? Or do you have a date?" I ask, laughing. "Ha, ha." He says in a mocking tone and I giggle.

"Tomorrow is perfect." He smiles. "Thanks." He says and I smile, "you're welcome".

I smile once more, before standing up straight, and walking towards the door. "Wait," he says, stopping me from opening the classroom door.

My heart is still beating so fast.

"Do you maybe want to go to the carnival with me?" He asks, and I slowly turn around. "Like, be my date." He says.

"Really?" I ask, and he nods. "I'd love to." I smile. "I'll pick you up at 6 tonight." He says and I nod. "See you later." I smile, walking out of the classroom.

I go back to my locker, to see Aria standing there with Emily, Hanna and Alison. "Aria told us, what did he want?" Alison asks excitedly.

"Well, he wanted me to tutor him in French tomorrow." I say, shrugging. "So you're hanging out with him?" Emily smiles and I nod.

"And, he asked me to the carnival!" I smile excitedly. "Really? I'm so excited for you!" Hanna says hugging me. "So you are going!" Aria exclaims and I laugh nodding.

"I gotta run, I have French." I say, waving. "Wait, what time should we pick you up?" Aria asks and I turn back around.

"You don't need to, Toby's picking me up." I smile. "What time?" Hanna grins. "6," I say. "I really need to go." I tell them, pointing to the clock.

"Spence, the carnival isn't until 8! You may be going on a date before the date!" Aria squeals and I put my finger over my mouth, gesturing for her to shush.

She covers her mouth with her hands and squeals again. "Okay, I'm leaving now." I say waving and walking off. I smile to myself, shaking my head as I walk down the hallway.

^^^^later at her house

It's now 5:50 PM, and I'm ready to go to the carnival. I'm pacing back and forth my room, waiting for a text from Toby saying he's here.

I continuously look at my outfit, my hair, my make up, my shoes, etc. Basically everything to make sure I look perfect.

Just as I go to look at myself for the millionth time, my phone rings. I pace to my bed, and find my phone laying under some clothes.