Finally Better

**part 3 to Help & Help Part 2

A few weeks later
Spencer's POV:

The past few weeks have been hell.

Ever since Caleb hurt me, Toby was always by my side, and helped me through it all. Literally.

Name it, and he probably helped me through it or with it.

Tonight is the night he takes me out on a date, that was promised by him a few weeks ago. Now that I'm finally better, he's going to take me out on a proper date.

"Toby, maybe I shouldn't wear a dress. I haven't wore one since, you know." I say shyly, walking out of the bathroom and into his room.

As soon as I enter, his eyes meet mine, and he smiles. "Spence, you look beautiful." He says, standing and walking towards me. He holds my hands and looks into my eyes.

"You should wear a dress. Not just for me, but for you. Now that you're better, you need to learn how to love yourself again." He reassures me, and I smile. "Okay, I'll wear it." I tell him.

"Are you almost ready?" I ask him, checking the time. "I'm ready." He tells me, and I fold my arms. "What?" He asks, running his hands through his messy hair.

"Toby, you know what I'm going to say." I tell him, and he smirks. "I really don't want to dress up." He says. "You have to. If you don't, I'll look stupid." I say and he laughs.

"But you never look stupid." He tells me, pulling off his shirt and replacing it with a nicer one. "If I go on a date being the only person dressed up, I will." I say and he smirks, tying his tie.

"Better?" He asks, and I stand a few feet away, looking at him up and down. I go to the bathroom, and return with a brush, fixing his hair.

"I liked my hair the way it was before." He says, trying to put it back to the mess it was before. "Toby, I just fixed it!" I say, and he grins. "Come here," I say, brushing it again.

I lay the brush down, and smile at him. "There we go, it's perfect." I say. "Now, can we go?" I ask, and nods. The two of us walk from his room to the driveway, where his truck is parked.

We get in, and drive to The Radley, where we'll be having our date. "This is my first date in forever. I'm honestly a little nervous." I admit. "Aren't you?" I smile, and he chuckles.

"Hanging out with you is probably the easiest thing I've ever done in my life." He says, and I look at him confused. "It's a compliment," he tells me.

"You're just so easy to talk to, and we have so much in common, and we have history." He says and I nod. "Also, you're my favourite person to hangout with, because we do it so often-" he continues, before I interrupt him.

"I get it, Toby." I laugh, and blushes. "But those compliments were really nice." I smile, placing my hand on his knee as he drives.

We pull into the parking lot of The Radley, and walk inside. "This place is a lot nicer than I remember." I tell him, as we walk in and follow the waitress to our reserved table.

"Thank you." We both say, thanking our waitress for seating us. "Someone will be here soon to get you some drinks." She smiles, handing us some menus and walking off.