Promise Ring

got this idea from sam&quinn (glee, 2x08!)

Spencer's POV:

I'm sitting in an empty classroom, finishing up my calculus homework when there was a soft knock at the door.

When I look up, I smile to see it's my boyfriend, Toby, standing with a rose.

"May I come in?" He asks smiling and I nod. "Please." I say, closing my book.

"Here." He says, handing me the flower and I smile as I smell it.

"It's amazing. Thank you." I say, kissing his cheek and laying the rose next to my book.

"Spencer, I've had something on my mind lately. I really need to tell you this. It's been driving me crazy keeping it in." He blurts out, and I look into his eyes.

"I..I think I love you." He says and I sigh. "Oh," I say, laughing lightly, unsure what to say.

He walks closer to me, takes my hand and then gets down on one knee.

"Oh my god, are you proposing? Because we're in 11th grade, Toby. We aren't possibly ready." I say in shock.

"We've only been dating a few months. Please, stand up. You're freaking me out." I tell him and he grins.

"I want to marry you, Spence. Some day. Not now, not until you're ready. But until then, will you accept this promise ring? Cheesy, I know, but I want you to promise me that we'll end up together. That we'll get our happily ever after." He says, and I glance at the beautiful ring inside the box.

"Toby.." I say, shaking my head, still in total shock.

"If you accept this, the ring will symbolize my promise to you to love and protect you always. To never leave your side. To be there when you need me the most. To be able to be your safe place to land. And everything else in between. This ring symbolizes my endless love for you, Spencer Hastings." He says, looking into my eyes.

"I don't know.." I say, and he stands up.

"I'll tell you if you have food in your teeth, runny make up, if you need me to come over and cook you something, if you need me to lift something heavy for you, even if you need me to drive all the way across town to pick up something for you. Anything you want, this is a promise to say I'll always be there for you." Toby says with a smile.

(^Someone better get that reference. *cough* FRIENDS *cough*)

He gets back on one knee, looking into my eyes with a smile.

"I really care about you, Spence. And I want us to be together." He tells me and I sigh, smiling.

"Yeah." I respond. "I accept it." I grin, reaching my hand out and he removes the ring from the box, sliding it onto my finger.

I glance down at the ring, and then at him.

"You know what? I think I love you too." I respond smiling, and getting down to his level to gently place my lips against his.

•••2 years later•••

"What? So you're dating some slut now? Fine, choose her over me. I don't care. I don't.." I say, breaking down.

Tears fall down my cheeks as Toby and I argue in his apartment for the very first time.

"This is insane. I'm not cheating on you. I've been working late because I wanted to take you out for dinner tomorrow, it's our anniversary." Toby says, pulling out a lot of cash from his pocket.

My heart sinks, immediately feeling guilty for accusing him of such a thing.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't of-" I begin to say, walking towards him before he cuts me off.

Spoby one shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें