School Trip

Spencer's POV:

"Okay, students, tonight is the second last night here on our school trip to Italy, so we'll let you guys stay up a little after curfew." The school principal, who is on this trip, says.

Everyone begins to cheer, except I roll my eyes. I could care less about partying and getting drunk with these morons.

I only came to Italy because my friends insisted.

"The rule is still that opposite genders cannot be in the same room under any circumstances." The other teacher speaks up, but everyone ignores her remark.

"You all can hangout here in the hotel lobby area. There's going to be a room opening up shortly to put everyone in so they can continue to mingle and socialize. We'll be back in 10 minutes." My principal says, before going upstairs with the other teachers.

Some kids begin to pull alcohol out of their bags already, and chug it from the bottle, causing everyone to cheer.

The hotel employees got pretty annoyed with us, so they opened up the room early so they couldn't hear us.

It was a basic teenager hangout area. There were couches, speakers for music and even complimentary snacks and drinks.

Everyone ran to the couches and bean bag chairs, while I sat on the floor in the back.

"Spencer, come on and mingle! You should totally find someone to hook up with!" Hanna exclaims, sitting next to me.

"I don't know, Han. I don't really like anyone here that much.." I say, biting my lip.

That was sort of a lie. I have this huge crush on Toby Cavanaugh, but he'd never like me back. He's extremely popular and is currently talking to 5 or more girls.

Surprisingly he's sober.

"Fine, well I'll get the other girls over here. Be right back!" She exclaims and runs off before I could argue.

A few minutes later Hanna returns, but this time with Aria, Emily and Alison.

"If you're gonna sit here, we'll sit with you." Emily smiles, making me roll my eyes. "Stop, go have fun. You know I just don't socialize much. That's all. Please, have fun." I beg.

"Okay, fine. We'll let you be all alone on our second last night in Italy. The city of love." Hanna giggles and I roll my eyes. "That's France, Han." I say and she shoots me a glare before walking away once again.

I pull out my phone, scroll through social medias when someone kneels down in front of me.

"Hi, I couldn't help but notice you're sitting here alone?" A male voice speaks up. When I look up, I'm face to face with Toby.

"Um, I'm just not in the party mood, that's all." I tell him, putting my phone away. "Well, can I sit here with you?" He asks, and I give him a strange look.

"Wouldn't you much rather be over there with all the hot, almost drunk girls?" I ask, and he shakes his head. "No, actually. I want to spend my second last night getting to know someone that I've admired for a long time." He smiles.