One Time

spencer's POV:

"hey, toby." i say, looking over at my best friend who is in the middle of solving a trigonometry equation. "yeah?" he asks without hesitation, still working away.

"i have something to ask you." i say, fidgeting my fingers. he looks up from his paper, noticing how anxious i am.

i take my work, push it to the bottom of the bed, and he copies my action.

"i.." i stutter, but i don't know how to ask.

"i'm sorry." i laugh, covering my bright red face and shaking my head. "i'm your best friend, you can ask me anything." he smiles reassuringly.

"it's just, have you ever had sex?" i ask him, and i see him swallow. "yeah, why do you ask?" he wonders.

"it's just, i haven't. and..yeah." i shrug nervously, beginning to fidget with the hem of my shirt. "hey, that's fine. you're waiting until you're ready." he smiles.

"that's the thing.. i am ready. but i don't have anyone to do it with.. you know?" i ask him, and he sighs.

"hey, since when do spence the scholar care so much about sex?" he cracks a joke, making me smile a little.

"you always know what to say, don't you smart ass?" i smirk, and he does too.

"but honestly, i want to try it. but i don't know who would want to have sex with me." i sigh, laying back on his bed.

"hey, don't beat yourself up." toby says, laying next to me. "it's just everyone i know has done it and just won't stop talking about it. i can't even describe my first time because it hasn't happened yet. i just want to know what it's like. and know what to expect." i tell him, turning my body to face him.

"you're beautiful, spencer. and i'm not just saying that because we're best friends. one guy is going to be extremely lucky someday." he smiles, making me smile too.

he sits up, going to grab his paper when i place my hand on his bicep, stopping him. he turns his head, and raises his eyebrows wondering what i'm doing.

"that's it." i tell him, a lightbulb coming on in my head. "what?" he asks me. "you can be my first time." i suggest and his face turns bright red.

"w-what?" he asks nervously. "come on, no one knows me better than you do, and you can help me through my first time." i say, sitting up and moving my hands down to hold his.

"you can even teach me some things, it'll just be one time if you want." i tell him.

"spence, we're best friends. i don't want to lose you." he says, pushing a piece of hair behind my ear which gives me butterflies.

"you could never lose me." i whisper, looking into his beautiful eyes.

he opens his mouth to say something, but closes it almost immediately.

he lets out a breath, and slowly moves his face closer to mine.

"are you sure you want to do this?" he asks, cupping my cheek. all i can do is nod my head, and with that he connects our lips for a soft kiss.

after a moment we both pull back, and i smile to him. "wow.. you are a good kisser." i blurt out, making him turn red.

"i'm sorry, i don't know what i'm supposed to do or say." i blurt again, covering my face with my hands.

toby takes my hands down from my face, holding them between his again. "just relax, okay? being nervous will make it hurt more." he whispers, and i nod as he connects our lips again.